• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks new subscribers & welcome!
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Hi Michael, I sent in $ via Google Wallet around 12 hours ago. I'm signed into the forums (With Remember Me checked), I still don't see any indication of Premium subscriber status.
      Last edited by aneeshneelam; 07 June 2017, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aneeshneelam View Post
        Hi Michael, I sent in $ via Google Wallet around 12 hours ago. I'm signed in to he forums (With Remember Me checked), I still don't see any indication of Premium subscriber status.
        Should be all set now. Gmail was being funky as don't normally use that too often. Thanks!
        Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Should be all set now. Gmail was being funky as don't normally use that too often. Thanks!
          Is there a badge or some entry in the user profile so I know if my account is on Premium or not? Could you check my account? Sent you $35 a few days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Asariati View Post
            Is there a badge or some entry in the user profile so I know if my account is on Premium or not?
            I don't see a badge, but if you sign into the forums and then go back to the main articles page, you'll now see a "Phoronix Premium" logo @ the very top and no ads.

If you never want to see ads, you'll have to select "Remember Me", when you login. Otherwise, you'll see them until the next time you login to the forums. Like I said, I really don't mind the ads.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Got the Premium badge. Thank you and keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
                I don't see a badge, but if you sign into the forums and then go back to the main articles page, you'll now see a "Phoronix Premium" logo @ the very top and no ads.

If you never want to see ads, you'll have to select "Remember Me", when you login. Otherwise, you'll see them until the next time you login to the forums. Like I said, I really don't mind the ads.
                Nope. Logged out, checked "Remember Me" and logged back in. When I go to the main page, there are still ads, and its asking me to become a Premium Member.
                Guess I need to wait for Michael to extend my account.

Comment

Hi Michael. While I'm facing financial difficulties at the moment, I've been using your site (and software) way too long to not donate in good conscience. I wish to proudly become a lifetime member.

That said, I clicked on the link, and twice got a "error, can't process" type of page on Paypal. Yet, now looking at my emails, I got two invoices "This email confirms that you have donated $100.00 USD to Michael" from Paypal. Could you please check this out, and, if possible, cancel the second transaction? Or, alternatively, inform me if you did not receive the transaction. I'm sorry about this whole situation.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyChow View Post
                    Hi Michael. While I'm facing financial difficulties at the moment, I've been using your site (and software) way too long to not donate in good conscience. I wish to proudly become a lifetime member.

That said, I clicked on the link, and twice got a "error, can't process" type of page on Paypal. Yet, now looking at my emails, I got two invoices "This email confirms that you have donated $100.00 USD to Michael" from Paypal. Could you please check this out, and, if possible, cancel the second transaction? Or, alternatively, inform me if you did not receive the transaction. I'm sorry about this whole situation.
                    Hi Andy, could you email me your PayPal address? Happy to refund the second payment if it went through, but at least when searching for your email address you used in the forums, I am not finding any matches, so just trying to make sure I find the right transaction.

Michael at phoronix.com.
                    Michael Larabel

Comment

Have you ever considered some kind of sponsorship or matching program, where existing members could subsidize memberships for students or people participating in certain promotions?

Also, have you considered putting up a page for hardware donations, where you could list various things you're looking for? People could either Paypal you the money to buy certain things, or send you items in good working condition.

Comment

Working...
                      X