X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mateus Felipe
    replied
    Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
    What hopes do you have for SteamOS over the next year or five?
    -Nothing. I think it is waste of resources. With Debian testing Xfce you have better system for gaming and general computer use.
    I love the way you ever make us laugh.

Leave a comment:

• Mateus Felipe
    replied
    Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

What hopes do you have for SteamOS over the next year or five?
    -Nothing. I think it is waste of resources. With Debian testing Xfce you have better system for gaming and general computer use.
    I love the way you make us laugh.

Leave a comment:

• leipero
    replied
    5 years back, Linux gaming was very limited compared to today, even wine was not something majority of users could use, free drivers were good enough for 2D, and in some cases, not even fro that, and..., i used Windows. Now, picture is uncomparable, all things above got wastly better.

Leave a comment:

• anarki2
    replied
    5 years later, still no one gives a rats ass 😀

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    nvidia does not have linux attention. nvidia ships windows blob on linux. linux gpu drivers are located here http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/log/
    Alright, well now we established your statement is in fact subjective, so:
    1. Nvidia does in fact have Linux attention in mesa. Using the link you provided as an example:
    https://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/me...uthor&q=nvidia
    These are commits involving Nvidia authors.
    2. Even if there were no results for Nvidia authors, it is known that Nvidia contributes toward the open-source Tegra drivers.
    3. Suppose Nvidia didn't have anything to do with Mesa or nouveau at all - that still doesn't mean they have no Linux attention. They do have Linux-specific efforts (primarily in their closed-source drivers) which I have linked to in my last post.

Just because you don't like their definition of involvement, that doesn't mean they aren't involved. Note that I am someone who only buys AMD GPUs for gaming purposes, yet I can put my bias aside.
    Last edited by schmidtbag; 30 March 2017, 03:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    nvidia does not have linux attention. nvidia ships windows blob on linux. linux gpu drivers are located here http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/log/

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    except nvidia.
    Is that your opinion or do you have facts to back that up? Despite people's distaste for Nvidia's arrogance, they have taken Linus' criticisms seriously (so they claimed, anyway). They have worked together with Valve for SteamOS-based Steam Machines. They have tried working things out regarding Wayland. They were quick to get Vulkan support. They eventually supported G-sync.

Sure, maybe not all of these things were directly a result to Valve drawing attention toward Linux, but to say Nvidia hasn't increased their Linux attention the past few years is definitively false.

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    Not only that, but as a result to Valve's involvement, we have Intel, AMD, and Nvidia who all put more resources into Linux GPU drivers.
    except nvidia.

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by ale2695 View Post
    no sign of MS Office official port for Linux right now
    look here https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...fice.officehub

Leave a comment:

• Yndoendo
    replied
    I would very much like to thank Value for their continual work on pushing for Linux gaming. Doom 3 was my first push to Linux gaming for me.

Windows is no longer bare metal on my system; only use Windows in a VM for compiling Windows applications; If I want to game with Windows only titles I'll just WINE about it. Since I haven't purchased a Windows only game in over 3+ years, most of my WINE is used for playing older already purchased titles.

BioShock Infinite would be my most played Linux title, next to Half-Life series. About to get into Deus Ex: Human Revolution but have a number to Linux titles yet to take time and play.

PS. 2017 was the first LAN Party, one every year since before 2001, where 95% of games played had Linux support. Other 5% I didn't mind not participating in and took on a solo game for a couple hours.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X