X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Allen Lorenz View Post
    *snip*
    Or start a seperate fund...
    $20... and you make a video saying each contribuer name before having a sip of beer. when you are over there... or maybe 5 names... don't want you falling down before you finish the list...
    I like that :-) I'm in!

Comment

Originally posted by baka0815 View Post
      sdack Man kann sich aber auch nicht dauernd verrückt machen, weil etwas passieren KÖNNTE, dann haben sie schon gewonnen...
      Sobald die Leute nicht mehr auf's Oktoberfest o ä. gehen, weil was passieren könnte
      könnte ist der Terror da, wo er hin will.

Sorry for off topic in German!
      Ich sehe dies nicht so. Niemand muss sich verrückt machen, aber das heißt ja bestimmt nicht, dass man andere nun als "behindert" bezeichnen darf. Es ist schön, dass wir unsere Freiheit genießen können selbst wenn dies bedeutet, dass sich da einige hemmungslos besaufen und Polizei, BGS und BND besonders aufpassen müssen. Steht ja dann jedem frei welchen Beruf er oder sie nach gehen will. Das gibt aber niemandem ein Sonderrecht darauf andere zu beleidigen oder gar unterschwellig als ausländerfeindlich auf zu treten (siehe da den Kommentar bzgl. "non Germans"). Mag schon sein, dass die Situation einigen unbewusst Stress macht und ebenso unbewusst über die Stränge geschlagen wird, aber genau das gilt es zu bekämpfen bzw. bewusst zu machen und eben nicht verrückt machen zu lassen. Besser doch man akzeptiert, dass während einige wachsam bleiben und andere sich unbekümmert geben möchten, man sich immer noch mit Respekt begegnen kann und es keinen Grund gibt da irgendwie Nachsicht walten zu lassen.

For those who would like to know what this conversation is about, because it had to be written in German in order to address the issue more directly, here a link to https://translate.google.com/

Comment

Michael, I think I speak for many of us, when I say that we sympathize with you, and don't want you to burn out. But, these posts that read like a combination of bragging and invitation for sympathies also grow wearisome.

So, the best solution is for you to figure out how to get your requisite rest & relaxation. Put your energy into that, instead of complaining and martyrdom. Try to remember that you're not the only one to face these challenges.

We support you. We value your work and want you to be happy.

P.S. Alcohol burns out your dopamine receptors, so consider limiting your alcohol intake in both quantity and frequency:

Comment

Originally posted by sdack View Post
          For those who would like to know what this conversation is about, because it had to be written in German in order to address the issue more directly, here a link to https://translate.google.com/
          Do yourself a favour and try that once, the results are usually unintentionally hilarious. For some reason Google Translate works very poorly for German. I would suggest everyone stick to writing in English since it's kind of rude to everyone not speaking German.
          Last edited by nils_; 19 September 2016, 05:53 AM. Reason: softened language.

Comment

Originally posted by nils_ View Post
            ... since it's kind of rude to everyone not speaking German.
            There is no rudeness here. It was my choice to address the issue in the local language and not simply any language, because it is the polite way to do it. Please note that I am not a German, but I do care about what Germans think about us "non Germans" aka foreigners. I hope this clarifies it for you.

Comment

No taken any time off work since 2013?
              I can probably say it has been a very long time that I was not working on something else; even away on vacation. Someone always has something broken they want me to fix.
              The last time I was away and not had to work at something or fix something for someone was my honeymoon. We went somewhere far away from all relatives.

Comment

Hi Michael,

I found a page where you can order "AUGUSTINER OKTOBERFESTBIER". It's about 25€ /$28 for 9 bottles.

Jetzt vorbestellen! Versand ab voraussichtlich 11.9.23Diese einzigartige Spezialität der Augustiner-Brauerei kommt ausschließlich während des Münchner Oktoberfestes zum Ausschank. Weitere Oktoberfestbiere aus München auch im Oktoberfestbiere-Mixpaket. Sie können sich Ihre Oktoberfest Bierbox individuell zusammen stellen.

Unfortunately, the only send to countries in the EU since the regulations of other countries concerning alcohol seem to be to much of a hassle for them.

If I (German based) order a pack for you and send it over to the US - it would cost over 50€ shipping and chances are the pack won't reach you and be filtered out at customs.

If a phoronix.com reader from the US is in Cologne, Germany in the next week or two and can take the pack back to the US via plane in his suitcase, I'd be happy to help. Just let me know so I can order the pack in time and have ready at home

Comment

Considering the increased risk of a terror attack on an event big as the Oktoberfest is it simply smart to have a beer at home. Solves the problem of drinking and driving, too.
                  Guess you were right and I was wrong: http://www.der-postillon.com/2013/10...ngift-von.html

Comment

Originally posted by nils_ View Post
                    Guess you were right and I was wrong: http://www.der-postillon.com/2013/10...ngift-von.html
                    "Es ist schon sehr auffällig, dass ausgerechnet unsere muslimischen Mitbürger größtenteils die Finger von dem Gift lassen"

Nice one. This just made my day!

Comment

Mach' Dich Mal nicht lächerlich. Nur weil Du keinen Humor und keine Ahnung hast macht es andere noch lange nicht behindert. Wenn hier überhaupt jemand behindert ist, dann bist Du es. Du bist noch mental auf der Stufe, wo Du glaubst, dass es in Deutschland nicht passieren kann, weil bisher noch nichts Großes passiert ist. Und wenn es dann doch zu einem Anschlag kommt schaust Du nur dumm und geschockt drein, und fragst' dann Mama und Papa was Du tun sollst. Ist nicht wahr? Ist aber wahr...
                      Andere sind schon ein paar Schritte weiter, sprich, "ze non-germans" haben Truppen in Irak und in Syrien, und wenn man den Berichten glauben schenken kann, dann sind sogar auch ein paar deutsche Einheiten im Einsatz. Denen kannst Du danken, dass Du auch weiterhin unbehelligt idiotisches Zeug in Internet von Dir geben kannst. Oder was glaubst Du was die dort tun wenn nicht den Terrorismus zu bekämpfen und daran zu hindern sich nach Europa aus zu breiten?
                      lol. So ein Stuss. Schon mal was von der RAF gehört? Von wegen 'nichts großes passiert'. Leute wie du sollten einfach mal gezwungen werden so lange Geschichtsunterricht zu bekommen bis mal irgendwas hängen bleibt.

Auch schön wie du direkt beleidigen wirst. Zeigt eindeutig wer hier auf welcher mentalen Stufe hängt.

Comment

Working...
                      X