Phoronix Been Loading Slow? It Is Hopefully Better Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Yes and last time I tried a CDN (CloudFlare) Phoronix readers were mad over it...
    Cloudflare is more of a reverse proxy. Maybe you should get a traditional CDN to serve JS/CSS/images. KeyCDN is nice. Also use Nginx and enable HTTP/2.

Comment

I've noticed site runs something like 30FPS, glad its not only me!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Yes and last time I tried a CDN (CloudFlare) Phoronix readers were mad over it...
        Yep, because cloadflare sucks ass. I don't know how, but they manage to ddos every single one of the people using their service.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

Yep, because cloadflare sucks ass. I don't know how, but they manage to ddos every single one of the people using their service.
          What?

Comment

You should start to defrag the database everyday when you takes the backup.
            Defrag the DB once every 24h should speed up this site very much.

Comment

I need to use tor to use phoronix, otherwise this article is the last and i still get "The forums are disabled while migrating to a new server. Back shortly!"

Comment

Originally posted by Oden View Post
                You should start to defrag the database everyday when you takes the backup.
                Defrag the DB once every 24h should speed up this site very much.
                If that was the case, then other bigger websites if they were implementing this idea would have been suffering from corrupted database entries more than you can imagine having as a result developing a bad reputation for their slow performance.

Michael should be seriously considering moving away from LAMP stack and go to something more interactive performance-wise like MEAN stack that can handle traffic without too much fuss.

Comment

testing post,

Comment

Originally posted by stephen82 View Post

If that was the case, then other bigger websites if they were implementing this idea would have been suffering from corrupted database entries more than you can imagine having as a result developing a bad reputation for their slow performance.

Michael should be seriously considering moving away from LAMP stack and go to something more interactive performance-wise like MEAN stack that can handle traffic without too much fuss.
                    Why doesn't you compare it to facebook while you're at it.
                    Comparing to a totally different scenario only makes you look less knowledgeable.
                    And no it wouldn't and many bigger sites do this every day and it's actually needed if they use INNODB a lot.
                    Phoronix is pretty small and might not need to defrag so often but that can be checked by checking the fragmentation in the DB.
                    The defrag locks the table but it shouldn't take that long to perform a defrag if it's done regularly.
                    Combining defrag and optimize can do wonders on a site like phoronix.

Comment

Originally posted by Oden View Post
                      I need to use tor to use phoronix, otherwise this article is the last and i still get "The forums are disabled while migrating to a new server. Back shortly!"
                      yeah i get that to that error asmong something else. this place is fucked untill Michael fix's it

Comment

Working...
                      X