X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

testing post,

Comment

Originally posted by stephen82 View Post

If that was the case, then other bigger websites if they were implementing this idea would have been suffering from corrupted database entries more than you can imagine having as a result developing a bad reputation for their slow performance.

Michael should be seriously considering moving away from LAMP stack and go to something more interactive performance-wise like MEAN stack that can handle traffic without too much fuss.
      Why doesn't you compare it to facebook while you're at it.
      Comparing to a totally different scenario only makes you look less knowledgeable.
      And no it wouldn't and many bigger sites do this every day and it's actually needed if they use INNODB a lot.
      Phoronix is pretty small and might not need to defrag so often but that can be checked by checking the fragmentation in the DB.
      The defrag locks the table but it shouldn't take that long to perform a defrag if it's done regularly.
      Combining defrag and optimize can do wonders on a site like phoronix.

Comment

Originally posted by Oden View Post
        I need to use tor to use phoronix, otherwise this article is the last and i still get "The forums are disabled while migrating to a new server. Back shortly!"
        yeah i get that to that error asmong something else. this place is fucked untill Michael fix's it

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post

yeah i get that to that error asmong something else. this place is fucked untill Michael fix's it
          Phoronix may not work still for many users since if i don't use tor "Phoronix Been Loading Slow? Improvements Are Coming" are still the latest article and the forum doesn't work yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post

So you are able to access the forums here? (If you are seeing this thread, it's on new server) but if you go to Phoronix.com you don't see any new articles?
            Michael Larabel
            http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Now phoronix and the forum came back alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

So you are able to access the forums here? (If you are seeing this thread, it's on new server) but if you go to Phoronix.com you don't see any new articles?
                On my phone i still only see the old server with this as the latest article and the forums being disabled. On my desktop (where I am writing from) things looks good. The internet provider for my phone is mobile.3.dk

Comment

The site oscillates between new and old for me.
                  Using the new ip directly from the browser doesn't work for http as it gives a 404 if the host isn't phoronix.com in the http request.
                  This wasn't (and still isn't) the case with the old server.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

oddly its all fixed now Michael, whereas before i was getting heaps of Errors

Comment

Originally posted by Oden View Post
                      You should start to defrag the database everyday when you takes the backup.
                      Defrag the DB once every 24h should speed up this site very much.
                      What kind of database requires defragmentation? In general, if you're using a b-tree based RDBMS, compacting the tables will make performance worse.

Comment

Working...
                      X