Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux Graphics, RX 480 & Other July Excitement; Did You Notice Something Different?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    I've been working on such tests and will have them out in a day or two.
    From what I've gathered has AMD been using these "dumb" buffers for a while in their driver. I am curious what the deal with these is (possibly less stress on CPU caches because of the combined, write-through behaviour) and why Nvidia waited this long to use them.

Comment

Mentioned this before, but a reminder just in case. I am deliberately using PrivacyBadger instead of an ad-blocker, but still get a message on Phoronix asking me to turn off my ad-blocker. Perhaps you should look into this, and see if you really are loosing money on visitors using PrivacyBadger who don't actually want that. If there are more than a few then fixing that might be a low-hanging fruit for a bit of extra revenue.

Comment

For what it's worth, I think that the volume of articles in July has been just fine. If this is a more sustainable pace for you, I'm in favour of maintaining it (and I'm sure Fatima is as well). That said, I'm sure you need the money anyhow, I might make an additional donation on top of the existing premium subscription later today.
        Last edited by microcode; 01 August 2016, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Why shall I support you with "not using AdBlocker on your page" or donation? - I mean you don't even use free Javascript!

Comment

Originally posted by nf24 View Post
            Why shall I support you with "not using AdBlocker on your page" or donation? - I mean you don't even use free Javascript!
            Do you read the articles or use the forums ?
            Test signature

Comment

Working...
            X