Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Phoronix Office Over The Years

Phoronix: The Phoronix Office Over The Years

With Phoronix.com having turned 12 years old earlier this month (and Phoronix Test Suite turning 8) plus finishing up my custom build of a butcher-block and steel pipe computer desk, I figured it'd be fun to take a look at my Phoronix office layouts over the years...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

you should also put some sexy pics of sexy lady who keeps that naughty place clean, cause I am sure as hell, you didn't make that place squicky clean yourself

Comment

Oh wow - I have my home server here, on my desk, one of those gray Antec cases in the first photo! still going strong (although about to be retired)

Comment

Well done on your great work and growing business. Keep it up!

Comment

You should take a 360° photo sphere of your current office/server room for us and for historical purposes.

Comment

Michael said "The early years when frankly more manufacturers had hope for Linux gaining market-share than many of them do now, at least from the PR/media folks I tend to deal with."

Linux's problem is that it is continually dividing into new distros rather than one. And being essentially freeware there are few ways to make a living with it. MS makes out because it is a single entity that provides paychecks to its workers and a reliable product to its customers. If there was one linux distro and everyone put their effort and talent into it, then it would rule. But with over 500 distros struggling to compete, human resources are simply too few for any distro to grow. And there is a nearly zero possibility to make a decent living.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronshere View Post
              Linux's problem is that ...
              .... there are still idiots that have not understood the basic fact that linux distros are mostly the same stuff respin in different ways.
              Most components are shared, and development of them is also common between all. What you see as "differences" are mostly themes, packaging systems and release schedules.

If there was one linux distro and everyone put their effort and talent into it, then ...
              ... we would have already solved long-standing issues like gender inequality, world famine, we would be working less than 4 hours a day and half life 3 would be scheduled for release next month.

Seriously, this does not happen even with proprietary stuff simply because of basic human nature.

And there is a nearly zero possibility to make a decent living.
              Red Hat, Novell, and others disagree.

Also, learn to quote properly plz.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                ... we would have already solved long-standing issues like gender inequality, world famine, we would be working less than 4 hours a day and half life 3 would be scheduled for release next month.
                So you say half life 3 is scheduled for release next month?

Comment

Cheers, Michael! Keep it up!

Comment

Working...
                  X