No announcement yet.

Phoronix Turns 12 Years Old This Week: Here's A Birthday Special For You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The articles load noticeably faster with premium. Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Ehvis View Post
      The articles load noticeably faster with premium. Nice!
      Yup. I've been an annual premium subscriber for years, and just ponied up the $100 to upgrade to lifetime... The ad-free experience without guilt is nice

Now I guess I'll just have to send the occasional tip to keep my conscience happy

Comment

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post

Yup. I've been an annual premium subscriber for years, and just ponied up the $100 to upgrade to lifetime... The ad-free experience without guilt is nice

Now I guess I'll just have to send the occasional tip to keep my conscience happy
        Thanks!
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Premium finished about a month ago, I will go ahead and use the offer.

Comment

Originally posted by abu_shawarib View Post
            Premium finished about a month ago, I will go ahead and use the offer.
            Thanks!
            Michael Larabel

Comment

Michael, a suggestion for you to encourage people to disable adblock. In article content pages use ad detection code to check if ad were blocked like forbe.com. What different is to show first few paragraph of contents if adblock was detected, so that visitors wishes to see further will disable adblock. An encouraging message may be shown when the contents were hidden, like:

"The below paragraph is disabled since adblock is activated. If this article is valuable to read on, please disable ad block to support this site, or consider to join our ad free premium user plan"

Comment

Originally posted by dbpalan View Post
                .... An encouraging message may be shown when the contents were hidden, like:

"The below paragraph is disabled since adblock is activated. If this article is valuable to read on, please disable ad block to support this site, or consider to join our ad free premium user plan"

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

At Phoronix we believe in the right to free content and will not restrict or otherwise limit you from accessing our content at Phoronix.com.

Comment

Finally done my duty and used the offer! I've been reading the site forever, at least since 2007 where I registered in the Forums: fglrx troubles, xf86-video-ati improvements, Linux kernel features, Mesa coverage... Now saving power & keeping a sane temperature on an Intel Iris 540 iGPU.

Thanks for the hard work!

Comment

Originally posted by dbpalan View Post
                    Michael, a suggestion for you to encourage people to disable adblock. In article content pages use ad detection code to check if ad were blocked like forbe.com. What different is to show first few paragraph of contents if adblock was detected, so that visitors wishes to see further will disable adblock. An encouraging message may be shown when the contents were hidden, like:

I don't block content but when ad-block is detected, I do show various messages along the top of the page.
                    Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by aromanos View Post
                      Finally done my duty and used the offer! I've been reading the site forever, at least since 2007 where I registered in the Forums: fglrx troubles, xf86-video-ati improvements, Linux kernel features, Mesa coverage... Now saving power & keeping a sane temperature on an Intel Iris 540 iGPU.

Thanks for the hard work!
                      Thanks!
                      Michael Larabel

Comment

Working...
                      X