Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Been Six Years Since The Phoronix Chernobyl Adventure

Phoronix: It's Been Six Years Since The Phoronix Chernobyl Adventure

Speaking of not taking a day off from work in over three years, six years ago this weekend was a lighter schedule when there was the Phoronix tour of the Chernobyl nuclear disaster site...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

You should release these pictures under the Creative Commons or something maybe. Maybe they could be useful for the Wikimedia Commons.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      You should release these pictures under the Creative Commons or something maybe. Maybe they could be useful for the Wikimedia Commons.
      I wouldn't be opposed to that.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Also, get an assistant or something and have a break every now and then. Too much work WILL take its toll. I speak from experience...

Comment

Originally posted by anarki2 View Post
          Also, get an assistant or something and have a break every now and then. Too much work WILL take its toll. I speak from experience...
          I wish I could afford an assistant...
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Your smile seems very inappropriate on that photo…

Comment

Originally posted by senz View Post
              Your smile seems very inappropriate on that photo…
              Americans do that. American tourists smile at graves, memorials, even concentration camps.

That's just an explanation, I agree that it's disgusting, and that picture should be taken down. Place of tragedy is not disneyland.

Comment

Originally posted by orome View Post

Americans do that. American tourists smile at graves, memorials, even concentration camps.

That's just an explanation, I agree that it's disgusting, and that picture should be taken down. Place of tragedy is not disneyland.
                Americans are optimists. Chernobyl was tragedy and remains so. It is also triumph. Michael captured both.

Comment

Originally posted by phantomas

No, this happens in Dodecanese.
                  Not even in Dodecanese anymore because they harmed both Greece's and Turkey's tourism. They are concentrated in Mitilini and then they are transported to mainland Greece and then back to Turkey.

Comment

I dont't think that Michael smiling on the photo is like he is laughing at the tragedy that took place there. He is just smiling, we cannot asume more. That disaster took place too many years ago.

Michael, I know it can be hard to take one or two days off, but I (and I am sure, many here) will totally understand you not posting news on weekends.

In fact I was thinking these days that you work like mad, too many (interesting) news every day. I can assure that it will will fire back sooner or later, it has happened to me, it seemed that always there was something really important.

Comment

Working...
                    X