• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apopas
    replied
    Originally posted by phantomas

No, this happens in Dodecanese.
    Not even in Dodecanese anymore because they harmed both Greece's and Turkey's tourism. They are concentrated in Mitilini and then they are transported to mainland Greece and then back to Turkey.

Leave a comment:

• pipe13
    replied
    Originally posted by orome View Post

Americans do that. American tourists smile at graves, memorials, even concentration camps.

That's just an explanation, I agree that it's disgusting, and that picture should be taken down. Place of tragedy is not disneyland.
    Americans are optimists. Chernobyl was tragedy and remains so. It is also triumph. Michael captured both.

Leave a comment:

• debianxfce
    replied
    "we can always dream, so any suggestions for the next location? "

Get couple of sailors from your local phoronix readers, rent a sailing yacht for a week and visit the islands of Kyklades, in Greece. There is much more beautiful views than a exploded nuclear plant. Mediterranean sea is warm to swim, there is no sharks, only slightly burning jellyfish and sea water is salty. Island have villages where you can overnight in a quest harbor , restaurants, night clubs etc. You find temples and ruins from ancient Greece too.

Leave a comment:

• orome
    replied
    Originally posted by senz View Post
    Your smile seems very inappropriate on that photo…
    Americans do that. American tourists smile at graves, memorials, even concentration camps.

That's just an explanation, I agree that it's disgusting, and that picture should be taken down. Place of tragedy is not disneyland.

Leave a comment:

• senz
    replied
    Your smile seems very inappropriate on that photo…

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by anarki2 View Post
    Also, get an assistant or something and have a break every now and then. Too much work WILL take its toll. I speak from experience...
    I wish I could afford an assistant...

Leave a comment:

• anarki2
    replied
    Also, get an assistant or something and have a break every now and then. Too much work WILL take its toll. I speak from experience...

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    You should release these pictures under the Creative Commons or something maybe. Maybe they could be useful for the Wikimedia Commons.
    I wouldn't be opposed to that.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    You should release these pictures under the Creative Commons or something maybe. Maybe they could be useful for the Wikimedia Commons.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X