Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It Was Only 4 Years Ago That Many Thought Steam On Linux Was An April Fools' Day Joke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've gotten the survey maybe once or twice in 2015 and none so far in 2016. Valve needs to get their stats based off of the system info when a user logs in or starts a game. Not some obscure and random user survey.

Comment

Originally posted by tegs View Post
      I've gotten the survey maybe once or twice in 2015 and none so far in 2016. Valve needs to get their stats based off of the system info when a user logs in or starts a game. Not some obscure and random user survey.
      I totally agree with you. Instead them trying to extrapolate results from a survey, that nobody outside of Valve has figured out how to predict, they need to collect real time actual data.

Comment

I have had the survey pop up once on the first install 4 years ago. Steam is installed in my home dir and never gets reinstalled.

Comment

Originally posted by CrystalGamma View Post

The solution is probably not to go to that subreddit then.
          i think is more like "please... for fucks sake... LUKE,... USE THE SEARCH!". if previous same question is still on page 1 which often is. and user just asks same thing again... what does that say about the fact he received snark remarks? bad community or just plain spam?

update: i also forgot to tell that subreddit specifies "Sometimes this will mean simply directing users to more suitable places to ask their questions and that's fine, that's helping."
          Last edited by justmy2cents; 31 March 2016, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
            (compared to windows single click and reboot methods of installing drivers)....
            single click? and then click are you sure? and then are you really really sure? and then accept the end user agreement, then click ok an arbitrary number of times to close modal dialogs in different positions.............

Comment

Working...
            X