Building A Butcher Block Computer Desk To Comfortably Handle Six Monitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by staggerlee View Post
    I love the idea of kitchen cupboards for the base. Just wondering why you wouldn't have used cupboards with drawers instead of cabinets. This is a good idea though and my future desk is probably going to be made this way thanx for the idea.
    There is a drawer art the top of each cupboard, but I simply went with the cabinets that were the best deal.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by speculatrix View Post
      Ikea is a good place to get really thick and strong worktops at a good price - the kitchen section.
      Unfortunately, no IKEA around where I live.
      Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by vwtch View Post
        How do you get your wife to clean your server room? Are there magic words or do you use flowers, candy, presents, kisses, hugs, promises, threats, blackmail, extortion, violence? What?
        Don't all wives love to clean the house?
        Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
          But I wasn't talking about the birch countertop, I was talking about a guy that has 6 monitors. And a ton of computers to drive them.
          Ah yes, my bad. I wasn't really paying attention to the monitors, just the countertop

I'm in the process of building a couple of workbenches and was planning to build up solid tops from yellow pine 2x4's (or wuss out and glue/screw a few layers of plywood or MDF), but this looks like a really nice alternative.
          Last edited by bridgman; 23 March 2016, 04:42 PM.
          Test signature

Comment

Butcher block! That explains why I see so many pieces scattered about your place.

Comment

Michael, you mistook plywood for a butcher block. This is a butcher block!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

There is a drawer art the top of each cupboard, but I simply went with the cabinets that were the best deal.
                Well I can understand that. Saving a buck or two is always a good thing..

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Wish I had the time.... Though the new machines like the picobrew and such are interesting and eliminate time and other troubles, but too expensive :/
                  Hmm Brew in a Bag (BIAB) - I used to do 35 litre brews with about an hour of actual work (not counting waiting time). Bags are cheap.

The only problem is trying to resist all that awesome beer always ready on tap...

Comment

Originally posted by chrisq View Post

I'll take a stab at it.
                    The colors and tiles have the look of Norway in the 1980s.
                    Quite on point! For instance, this is how a couple of (for me) typical houses that are for sale look:

I must admit that the first one, even though it is for sale about 10 km from where I live, isn't exactly an ordinary house The asking price is around 2.8 Million USD...

Comment

Working...
                    X