Password security

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password security

Every time I forget the password I use the "I forgot the password" tool to access again my account. Now there is a problem, when I reset the password I get a new password written in plain text in an email, as far as I know this is against security. I really like this site, but would it be possible to choose the new password instead of getting a random new password from email. Thx

Originally posted by boffo View Post
    Every time I forget the password I use the "I forgot the password" tool to access again my account. Now there is a problem, when I reset the password I get a new password written in plain text in an email, as far as I know this is against security. I really like this site, but would it be possible to choose the new password instead of getting a random new password from email. Thx
    This is due to the forum software we use as opposed to something I developed. Once you get a new password, you're able to log into your account and reset the password.
    Michael Larabel
    http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

This is due to the forum software we use as opposed to something I developed. Once you get a new password, you're able to log into your account and reset the password.
      I did it, but it would be nice to have it written for the people who do not know it.

Comment

Working...
      X