X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    That would be interesting. Presumably if the water isn't too deep you could just auto-power-down the systems near the bottom of each rack, and switch off progressively more systems if the water continues to rise
    Hopefully never the case. The only sources of water would be if pipe burst, water heater failed, sump pump failed, or ejector pit failed. If water heater failed, there is at least a floor drain next to it that leads into the ejector pit.... Hopefully sump pump won't failed as I put in a dual-pump solution that is also battery backed up. Ejector pit hopefully won't fail for 10+ years as I put in a new pump last year before doing all this basement server room stuff.

Leave a comment:

• boxie
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    That would be interesting. Presumably if the water isn't too deep you could just auto-power-down the systems near the bottom of each rack, and switch off progressively more systems if the water continues to rise
    That brings a whole new meaning to immersion cooling

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by boxie View Post
    Thats looking good!

maybe before finishing consider putting some sort of temp/water sensors down? (not sure if it is even viable/possible)
    I do have water sensors next to all the possible water sources down there... I guess I will make that for another post this weekend or so about the water sensors I use

Leave a comment:

• boxie
    replied
    Thats looking good!

maybe before finishing consider putting some sort of temp/water sensors down? (not sure if it is even viable/possible)

Leave a comment:

• The Linux Benchmarking Systems Are Starting To Be Powered Back Up

Phoronix: The Linux Benchmarking Systems Are Starting To Be Powered Back Up

As an update to this past weekend's The Linux Benchmarking Test Farm Is Down For A Few Days, two of the racks are back to being powered up as of this morning...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X