Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Linux Distros Would You Like To See Compared This Month For A Huge Comparison?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Linux Distros Would You Like To See Compared This Month For A Huge Comparison?

Phoronix: What Linux Distros Would You Like To See Compared This Month For A Huge Comparison?

I'm in the middle of working on a large Linux distribution performance comparison that is similar to January's A 10-Way Linux Distribution Battle To Kick Off 2016. This time around though there's more interesting hardware and will likely do more than ten Linux distributions in this comparison...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Arch linux,
    Ubuntu

I've not been using any other distro's and frankly I still shun all the others for Arch.

Comment

Mostly interested in Gentoo, OpenSUSE, Slackware, FreeBSD results and maybe Alpine Linux as a new Docker base.

Comment

Slackware Linux and Void Linux as the only two interesting Linuxes; also, Dragonfly BSD as the most performant BSD.

Comment

Windows vs Linux distros, Vulkan benchmarks (nvidia pls)

Comment

Slackware current, OpenSUSE

Comment

What package versions do the Arch derivatives have? Are they similar to Arch itself, or is there a significant lag?

Basically I'd like to see the out-of-the box performance of a reasonably cutting edge rolling release distro in the mix. If Manjaro, Tumbleweed or any other of the rolling release distros fulfills that requirement then I'm happy with one of those. If however they're fairly conservative, or lag behind Arch in any significant way, then I'd prefer to see Arch itself.

Comment

What you really compare these days is p-state vs cpufreq - the rest of the stack is not important - too similar if you have got kernel/mesa with a diff of 1-2 versions only.

Comment

I'd like to see Ubuntu MATE included. The project is on a roll, as is demonstrated by it being the most popular Ubuntu flavor on DistroWatch. It even has a UX that mimics Unity!

Comment

If you are only running free software for these tests, there is always Trisquel: https://trisquel.info

Comment

Working...
                    X