Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Linux Distros Would You Like To See Compared This Month For A Huge Comparison?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more vote for KaOS. KaOS is constantly kept up-to-date so the results will be quite meaningful reflecting recent changes/improvements in Linux software packages.

Comment

SLES vs RHEL

Comment

i would really appreciate some BSD tests if you got the time.

Comment

Strange timing. The LTS Ubuntu 16.04 is surely a key result, and we are only at the start of their release process. Similarly for fedora, would you not want to include F24 after at least the alpha freeze ?

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
            What package versions do the Arch derivatives have? Are they similar to Arch itself, or is there a significant lag?

Basically I'd like to see the out-of-the box performance of a reasonably cutting edge rolling release distro in the mix. If Manjaro, Tumbleweed or any other of the rolling release distros fulfills that requirement then I'm happy with one of those. If however they're fairly conservative, or lag behind Arch in any significant way, then I'd prefer to see Arch itself.
            Antergos IS arch itself, the only change is that 1 repo got added to host their presets and stuff like their grub theme.

aside from those few edited packages (grub theme, cnchi: their OS installer, etc) it uses all of the original arch repo's meaning its the closest you can get to arch without spending a whole day installing

its not like manjaro who manages to negate a major benefit to arch by delaying packages by what a month? maybe more?

also antergos allows you to chose from 5 different desktop UI(gnome, cinnamon, kde, openbox and xfce) oh yea and no ui mode for crazy people who only use console commands :P

Comment

Recently switched to leap, so I'd love to see

OpenSUSE leap, and tumbleweed

Others would be
              Manjaro
              Centois
              Debian (stable and testing would be cool)
              Ubuntu gnome

thanks

Comment

Arch, Mint.

Comment

If more stable, Manjaro or Antergos, but a current uptodate Arch is better.

Comment

TinyCore

Comment

I want to see sabayon.

Comment

Working...
                      X