No announcement yet.

A fair number of my posts are getting blocked with an "Unapproved" notification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A fair number of my posts are getting blocked with an "Unapproved" notification

Is there anything in particular I'm doing that triggers that? Too many HTML links? Something else? It's very irritating to not know what causes it.

I have never been able to identify a pattern, although longer posts seem a bit more likely to get auto-moderated than shorter ones.

Maybe 1 post in 3 has been unapproved recently. Michael is doing a good job of getting the posts unblocked quickly but it's got to be a pain for him as well as for us.
    Test signature

Comment

Yeah I wish I had an answer myself... The anti-spam plugin was made worse by vBulletin 5 and with Akismet not being open-source, etc, not sure of all the different triggers. It's been a pain lately but yeah for the 15~16 hours I work a day, I try to check for any moderated stuff at least once an hour.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

It's a shame the anti-spam plugin can't figure out that after 9 years I'm not likely to wake up one morning and decide to become a spammer....
        Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
          It's a shame the anti-spam plugin can't figure out that after 9 years I'm not likely to wake up one morning and decide to become a spammer....
          Would be nice if the forum software at least had a manual whitelist for certain people, then at least Michael could add you manually. =c

Comment

Originally posted by azari View Post

Would be nice if the forum software at least had a manual whitelist for certain people, then at least Michael could add you manually. =c
            The phoronix bot itself that posts our articles from the main site into the forums even gets moderated as spam at least once a week.... :/
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

The phoronix bot itself that posts our articles from the main site into the forums even gets moderated as spam at least once a week.... :/
              Yikes. Sorry to hear that. I thought I had problems with it. That's crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

So why do you use this crap named vBulletin at all?

Comment

The post is deleted or need to be approved by an admin ?

Comment

Every single one of my posts needs to go through approval. Is this a spam filter thing, or just a new user thing?

Comment

Working...
                    X