Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kano
    replied
    So, found out that the precompiled vulkan-loader is only installable with Debian 8, but at least there runs now vulkaninfo. Waiting for a good benchmark now. I hope the needed packages will go from the Vulkan SDK directly to Debian...

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by M1kkko View Post
    Michael, are you implying that a Vulkan driver for GTX 400 and 500 series is in the works?
    Originally I heard from NVIDIA it would go back to Fermi, I think I even saw it in a recent slide, but then yesterday after I published my first article I was informed by another NVIDIA person it was just for Kepler. I guess I accidentally left Fermi in this pre-written article.

Leave a comment:

• AnonymousCoward
    replied
    Originally posted by SomeoneElse View Post
    The German site ComputerBase did a shot test with Vulkan and DX11/Vulkan/OpenGL - Vulkan performance is not on pair with DX11 but much better than OpenGL: http://www.computerbase.de/2016-02/v...los-principle/ - so lets hope the best for linux gaming
    I don't think people need to bash AMD that their Vulkan driver is bad. Look it have better performance than nVidia even though in DX11 it is other way around.

Leave a comment:

• tomtomme
    replied
    Originally posted by M1kkko View Post
    Michael, are you implying that a Vulkan driver for GTX 400 and 500 series is in the works?
    Yes. I read something like this yesterday. I think on reddit. Maybe no nvidia guy, but he said those are very differen from >600 series and thus need more work - so basically nvidia also has only a partial day 1 driver like intel.

Leave a comment:

• tomtomme
    replied
    Originally posted by Kano View Post
    Intel would be very interesting, but I can not test Broadwell/Skylake myself. Did anybody test Dota 2 with Vulkan yet?
    dota 2 vulkan is not yet public - but maybe Michael could get a pre-release version from Valve?????

Leave a comment:

• M1kkko
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Intel would be very interesting, but I can not test Broadwell/Skylake myself. Did anybody test Dota 2 with Vulkan yet?

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by emblemparade View Post
    OK already! I keep tipping you, but this time I "subscribed". Thank you, Phoronix, for being the only public voice keeping Linux and other FOSS on its toes. It's good to talk the talk, but you make sure these companies walk the walk. I'm extremely eager for your upcoming Vulkan benchmarks. Any chance you can get them running on Windows and compare?
    Yes, I'm working on it, hopefully in the next few days.

Leave a comment:

• tomtomme
    replied
    Me toooooo. Want to have benchies!

Leave a comment:

• emblemparade
    replied
    OK already! I keep tipping you, but this time I "subscribed". Thank you, Phoronix, for being the only public voice keeping Linux and other FOSS on its toes. It's good to talk the talk, but you make sure these companies walk the walk. I'm extremely eager for your upcoming Vulkan benchmarks. Any chance you can get them running on Windows and compare?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X