Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could make a system to dry your clothes as well :P

Comment

Hm, I was just thinking whether this is healthy?
      With so many systems (motherboards, cards, power supplies) polluting the air in your house over time.

Comment

Originally posted by fallenbit View Post
        Hm, I was just thinking whether this is healthy?
        With so many systems (motherboards, cards, power supplies) polluting the air in your house over time.
        yeah
        michael should check the air for bromids chlorids and maybe even heavy metals.
        If there were young kids in the house I would be worried. For grown ups it might be okish... not more dangerous than living next to a big street?

Comment

119Hello,
          I see a problem with Your setup: in case of fire in the basement the fan will suck all the toxic smoke into Your bedroom. I have seen that You have invested in rock wool and praised its anti-fire characteristics and that could prove ineffective.

Maybe there are some other ways to heat Your house, perhaps ones that work similar to heat recovery ventilation?

Comment

If the servers were water cooled, You could just pump the water to radiators in Your apartments (ideally with a heat exchanger in between).

Comment

Originally posted by Mat2 View Post
              119Hello,
              I see a problem with Your setup: in case of fire in the basement the fan will suck all the toxic smoke into Your bedroom. I have seen that You have invested in rock wool and praised its anti-fire characteristics and that could prove ineffective.

Maybe there are some other ways to heat Your house, perhaps ones that work similar to heat recovery ventilation?
              Or I could just buy a Wink-compatible outlet switch, connect it to my Wink system, and then set it to turn off power there if my Nest Protect fire detectors go off. Thought about it but didn't yet get around to doing such.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Mat2 View Post
                If the servers were water cooled, You could just pump the water to radiators in Your apartments (ideally with a heat exchanger in between).
                Doesn't work out well unfortunately for warm summers. Plus the cost of buying 60+ water blocks, needing some mighty powerful pumps, and all the tubing, etc, is not only very time consuming to setup but also very expensive. Also makes it harder to remove a rack from the system if needing to change components it due to failure, clean it out, etc.
                Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
                  I never heard of a inline duct fan silencer before. That's cool stuff.I'm interested to hear next week if it delivers.
                  Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
                  Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    Running Linux Benchmarks Constantly Is Enough To Heat A Home In The Winter
                    Michael, just to give you some opposition: I'm pretty sure that running Minecraft servers will heat your Home even better than running Linux Benchmarks. I'm positive that the heat coming from a Minecraft server feels better than from a Linux benchmark. ;-9

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Generally I always do include C?
                      Sorry about that, then. My apologies. I just checked your last article in the series ( http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-Computer-Vent ), and indeed, the Celsius are there at the top (not in the middle of the article, though). It annoyed me last time that I had to ask google to have an Idea of the temperature you were talking about; that's all

Comment

Working...
                      X