No announcement yet.

Servo, Skylake & Even Windows 10 Have Been Very Appealing To Linux Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael, can you make the ads load trough HTTPS?

Chrome, at least, always block loading of plain HTTP content if the primary page itself is HTTPS. Sure, you can make it load unsafe scripts clicking on the icon that appears in the address bar, but it's a PITA to do it everytime I open the homepage.

Comment

Originally posted by bcdonadio View Post
      Michael, can you make the ads load trough HTTPS?

Chrome, at least, always block loading of plain HTTP content if the primary page itself is HTTPS. Sure, you can make it load unsafe scripts clicking on the icon that appears in the address bar, but it's a PITA to do it everytime I open the homepage.
      All ads should be loading through HTTP/HTTPS depending on what the page was loaded in, if you see a case where it's not, please let me know.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Michael,

since you made it a point have Phoronix whitelisted for ad-revenue... well... I followed your request and now I wonder about where the difference between AdBlocked Phoronix and "pure Phoronix" might be. Why? Simply because for the better part of the time I don't even see any ads because they fail to load anyway. No matter if I access phoronix with Chrome or Firefox or Edge (for which there is no Adblocker for the time being).

AdGuard and Ghostery (Chrome and Firefox) both are configured with a whitelist exception for phoronix, and none of them block anything. I even went as far as to enable Crapdobe Crash so you get a "ad impression" from my visit (which, by the way, you should rethink right away as that is nothing more but a huge security threat - and that's why I consider "evil ad-/script-blockers" a "essential security software" much like a firewall or a virus scanner). Every now and then one or maybe two ad banners show up on the frontpage... or in the forums... but that's about it. Let us not even speak about the "usefulness" of the ad-banners... I can ensure you I yet have to see one (if one shows up that is) that I would even remotely consider clicking.

So, to wrap it up into a question: Why do you even insist on having phoronix excempted when a) your partnerning ad-network is just disfunct and b) in case an ad manages to show up requires one to enable Flash? Why even bother when there's no chance anyway for making any kind of ad revenue when there are no ads served due to a non-working ad-network?

Comment

Working...
        X