No announcement yet.

It's Been One Month With The New Phoronix Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I browse via iPhone and Safari A great experience, thanks for the work well done.

Comment

I browse on a Galaxy Nexus (CM lollipop, FireFox). This has been a significant improvement! Responsive design FTW!

Comment

Hi Michael,

The new site is great - love it! I can suggest a tweak though: The external links (at least for premium users) are no longer bold/differentiated. It would be awesome to have those back

Comment

Testing with samsung galaxy s4 . Seems ok. Using Android 4.4 with chrome

Comment

I'll chime in as well. The new design is a pleasure to use on my phone (Nexus 5, Android 5.1, Chrome), and the desktop experience hasn't suffered as part of the redesign. I'm generally satisfied and don't have any major gripes.

Comment

The site looks much better on mobile, but not as good as the old one did on desktop. The margins are still much bigger than the old side, wasting lots of space.
              Rob
              email: [email protected]

Comment

Works well in phones, laptops and tablets.
                Would be nice though, if one could log in on the news page also.

Comment

Better than the old site to be sure. One thing for consistency: the main site uses the font stack/settings
                  Code:
                  font-family: sans-serif,droid-sans,arial,Tahoma;
                  line-height: 22px;
                  font-size: 14px;
                  The forums use
                  Code:
                  font: 14px "Segoe UI","Open Sans",Arial,sans-serif
                  Similar story for .bbcode_code and others for monospace displays of text.

Please standardize on one stack and line height, Segoe UI is a nice font but maybe not appropriate for a Linux-targeted site
                  Last edited by mudig; 05 August 2015, 06:12 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Hi Michael! The new site is great!
                    I remember that Phoronix what suppoed to be reachable with IPv6. It worked for a few days but since then I can only acces your site via IPv4.

Comment

The website itself is great. The forum though... ugh. Looks pretty, but all the javascript crap (in particular the animations) is awful. And the worst is posts getting stuck in the moderation queue (two of my posts are currently there), can't something be done about that?

Comment

Working...
                      X