Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Windows 10 vs. Linux Benchmarks Would You Like To See?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Windows 10 vs. Linux Benchmarks Would You Like To See?

Phoronix: What Windows 10 vs. Linux Benchmarks Would You Like To See?

Windows 10 launches today! I'm excited about this latest Microsoft operating system release, but only for running some interesting Windows vs. Linux benchmarks...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Start up time from cold boot and sleep.

Comment

Yes, some benchmarks would be nice

As for installing I think that I'll skip this one too

It's enough that is closed source and we cannot easily see the backdoors, now they implemented one that everybody can see it, but can't fix it

Forced updates

Maybe in the past they've put 5 backdoors to gain an maintain remote access.

Now they have only one which allows them to send the other ones when they need them

Comment

Is it possible to get Eric Griffith (@EricG) to do a Windows vs Linux (latest kde, gnome, cinnamon) review? Considering things like asthetics, workflows, ways to get things done and how things can improve (for all platforms).

Comment

First and foremost, power consumption idle & load. Then, the usual 3d& productivity. Put w7 in there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Master5000 View Post
            Benchmarking is pointless. Windows has won. Yet again. I already have Windows 10 and it's the best OS ever. Way better than Windows 8.1 and waaaay above anything the Linux amateurs have ever done. Well done Microsoft!

considering that 8.1 is regarded as ME2. way better than that should not be hard

Comment

Originally posted by Master5000 View Post
              Benchmarking is pointless. Windows has won. Yet again. I already have Windows 10 and it's the best OS ever. Way better than Windows 8.1 and waaaay above anything the Linux amateurs have ever done. Well done Microsoft!
              How old are you? 10 or bellow 10 or something like 10
              Last edited by dungeon; 29 July 2015, 01:39 AM.

Comment

I'd like to see disk transfer speeds, io, ntfs vs the usual roundup.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

How old are you? 10 or bellow 10 or something like 10
                  was that binary or decimal?

Comment

Hdd and ssd performance. Under low and high ammout of memory. Various database tests. Perhaps network speed tests.

Comment

Working...
                    X