Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Insane Power Use Of Benchmarking Linux Every Day

Phoronix: The Insane Power Use Of Benchmarking Linux Every Day

While a lot of results are produced on LinuxBenchmarking.com of daily automated open-source/Linux tests and separately on Phoronix.com, these results do not come free but require a great deal of resources to keep going...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...er-Use-July-15

Hi Michael,

Thank you for all the content. I've been visiting Phoronix for a couple of years. I've just registered to let to know that I like the articles, and would like to subscribe. Its just a bit difficult with payal, do you have any other options coming up? I have add block off on your site. But I suspect that some money directly too you would go to better use.

On the other side: Hi every one else, since I registered I might as well start talking in the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by GoatFounDeR View Post
      Hi Michael,

Thank you for all the content. I've been visiting Phoronix for a couple of years. I've just registered to let to know that I like the articles, and would like to subscribe. Its just a bit difficult with payal, do you have any other options coming up? I have add block off on your site. But I suspect that some money directly too you would go to better use.

On the other side: Hi every one else, since I registered I might as well start talking in the forums.
      About time we get a goat around here. Just as a heads up, if you want a pleasant experience here, avoid commenting on any of the political articles or anything involving Lennart Poettering and his projects (like systemd or pulseaudio). Anyway - welcome.

Comment

Ouch. That's "only" 4KW average draw but it sure is a lot higher (and $$$-ier) than normal household use.

Comment

The exchange rate are not in my favour, as 1 US$ equals to 3.2 of my currency, but any tip is better than none

Comment

You could try a "sponsor a sever" and give people some naming rights (done in a tasteful way of course).

You could always sell hats to forum users :-)

Comment

How about letting premium members have avatars in the forums?

Comment

Ok, so you have a computer farm, time now to build a solar farm?

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                  About time we get a goat around here. Just as a heads up, if you want a pleasant experience here, avoid commenting on any of the political articles or anything involving Lennart Poettering and his projects (like systemd or pulseaudio). Anyway - welcome.
                  Thank you,

And I'm proud to be the first goat (goatse has nothing to do with me . On the power consumption:Where I live they charge more if you use more per hour. Is it the same in the USA?

We get charged per the 'block' we use: Block 1 [1 - 600 kWh] R0.9451
                  Block 2 [600 - 700 kWh] R1.6064
                  Block 3 [700 + kWh] R4.5076

1USD = 12.34ZAR
                  So for block 3 it would be about 0.365 US Dollar.

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
                    The exchange rate are not in my favour, as 1 US$ equals to 3.2 of my currency, but any tip is better than none
                    I wish I could get that exchange rate. The problem I have is to get Paypal and those kind of things I have to change Banks. or pay a premium to 'deposit' money

Comment

Working...
                    X