Delete account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delete account

No feature to delete your own account? Please help me with that.

+1 to this. After having my first couple posts disappear (glitch or pre-moderation I don't know or care), I have neither the time nor energy for this site.

Comment

It's a feature currently only available to Phoronix Premium members.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

May I ask the justification for walling off that functionality? With the recent Ashley Madison news, it seems a bit underhanded to put "being forgotten" behind a paywall. I suppose the only recourse is to modify one's profile with garbage information and a bogus email address, but that comes with it's own set of pros and cons.

Comment

Michael

when are you going to update the forum to 5.1.9 ?

Comment

Originally posted by nranger View Post
            May I ask the justification for walling off that functionality? With the recent Ashley Madison news, it seems a bit underhanded to put "being forgotten" behind a paywall. I suppose the only recourse is to modify one's profile with garbage information and a bogus email address, but that comes with it's own set of pros and cons.
            Just use a service like yopmail to generate a temporary email address, use a site like random.org to generate a truly random username/password combination and something like randomtextgenerator.com to generate bogus profile information.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              It's a feature currently only available to Phoronix Premium members.
              LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X