Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE NEW PHORONIX SITE IS LIVE

Phoronix: THE NEW PHORONIX SITE IS LIVE

For those in the US not busy celebrating Independence Day, come check out the brand new, completely redesigned Phoronix.com site. This new site is in beta but is publicly available and should yield a much better experience, particularly for smartphone and tablet readers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Overally looks good. Some old things should stay the same tough. Like the Add a comment link under articles is now aligned to the right side instead of left. At first I was like, did he manage to break commenting?

Comment

A lot better on my Jolla JP-1301, now it's a mobile page and not the desktop version anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Veske View Post
        Overally looks good. Some old things should stay the same tough. Like the Add a comment link under articles is now aligned to the right side instead of left. At first I was like, did he manage to break commenting?
        Valid point, should now be set back to left.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
          A lot better on my Jolla JP-1301, now it's a mobile page and not the desktop version anymore
          Great to hear as haven't been able to test on Jolla/Sailfish
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Look really really great. Looks wonderful on my android phone and much better experience. There is a small detail I miss tough. There is no date separator, so It's hard to determine which day an article as been published. Because there is a large number of article per day, It would be nice to have this back. Thanks.

Comment

Looks great and fits the screen space better. It also makes reading short articles easier.

Comment

Nice! As a quick stop-gap for the forums I would replace all occurrences of the old green for the new green and change the body's bg-color and top menu to the new colors. My eyes are already getting used to the new palette

Also, I have a decent IPS screen and still find it a little too hard to recognize links in the text with the new green color. I bet it'll be even harder on cheaper TN panels.
                Last edited by jntesteves; 04 July 2015, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Works great on my laptop too! Now I can zoom the page beyond the normal width, and it just increases the text size
                  This is a huge improvement for those with poor eyesight, excellent work

Comment

Seems good to me. Feels a lot cleaner. I know articles are still grouped and separated by date (using a banner ad) but I think it should still show the actual date of that group, like it used to. Not a big deal though.

Comment

Working...
                    X