About the Author

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About the Author

... is on every article page. I find it a bit odd... perhaps that should be separated into a separate "About" page with a link at the top?

Originally posted by computerquip View Post
    ... is on every article page. I find it a bit odd... perhaps that should be separated into a separate "About" page with a link at the top?
    It's on article pages authored by me and then on the last page of multi-page articles authored by me. In part it's done to make it clear to those unaware that it's basically myself running a majority of all the articles on Phoronix every single day, in hopes of encouraging more contributions/support and dispelling ideas that there's some big team of writers, etc, compared to other outlets. Whereas it's basically just me and then the articles written by Eric, Fatima, and the few other rare contributors. If you have other ways for making this fact more clear or drumming up support while clearing ideas of many writers, I'd be interested in hearing constructive feedback.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Using this section for articles written by rare editors I think is fine. However, you make multiple articles a day. Your "about the author" section sometimes takes up a similar amount of the page as the actual article:

I highly doubt people are going to want contribute or support more with an article about yourself within every article. Isn't clicking on your name enough for those who want more information about you?

The likelihood that people don't already know you if they visit the site often is also low (however, not the case for the more rare of editors like Eric or Fatima).

Comment

Originally posted by computerquip View Post
        Using this section for articles written by rare editors I think is fine. However, you make multiple articles a day. Your "about the author" section sometimes takes up a similar amount of the page as the actual article:

I highly doubt people are going to want contribute or support more with an article about yourself within every article. Isn't clicking on your name enough for those who want more information about you?

The likelihood that people don't already know you if they visit the site often is also low (however, not the case for the more rare of editors like Eric or Fatima).
        I'm writing this response because I saw that You had the xpad driver on GitHub open in Your first tab.
        Are You perhaps able to improve the mainline one in the Linux kernel? Or at least send the improvements made by Valve upstream, so that Linus can include them in his tree?
        It still boggles my mind that after all this time the mainline xpad driver is still buggy...

PS: Why I'm seeing no ads there? ;-)

Comment

Accidental Duplicate
          Last edited by computerquip; 03 July 2015, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post

I'm writing this response because I saw that You had the xpad driver on GitHub open in Your first tab.
            Are You perhaps able to improve the mainline one in the Linux kernel? Or at least send the improvements made by Valve upstream, so that Linus can include them in his tree?
            It still boggles my mind that after all this time the mainline xpad driver is still buggy...

PS: Why I'm seeing no ads there? ;-)
            I've already improved it and provided suggestions to other people who have more pull than I do. Unfortunately, it seems kernel developers don't care to move it out of a completely miserable state, despite the driver having various known issues since its conception.

PS: While I have uBlock, I'm also a subscriber.

Comment

Working...
            X