Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy 11th Birthday Phoronix! Happy 7th Birthday Phoronix Test Suite!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy 11th Birthday Phoronix! Happy 7th Birthday Phoronix Test Suite!

Phoronix: Happy 11th Birthday Phoronix! Happy 7th Birthday Phoronix Test Suite!

It was eleven years ago today I founded Phoronix.com to focus on Linux hardware reviews at a time when not only graphics cards were an issue but most PC peripherals were still troublesome to use outside of Windows. Today also marks seven years since the release of Phoronix Test Suite 1.0 for leading open-source Linux benchmarking...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Congrats!

Comment

Happy birthday and thank you for all your hard work
      My addblock is completely disabled on phoronix.com domain
      So put ads wherever you want and they'll be displayed in my browser

Comment

Congratulation Michael! Great job!

Comment

Thank you for the great work you do, Michael.

Comment

Happy birthday and thanks a lot for all the years of covering our beloved Penguin (and Beastie) related topics. Thanks for reviewing hardware in the context of freedom operating systems.
            (As soon as I have done my PhD and got a job I'll be back on premium subscription.)
            Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Congratualation.

GNU/Linux was also around 1% in 2004., fglrx also have driver problems, mesa 6 was fine on radeon but no shader support, 6 month cadence and Ubuntu, 64bit CPUs was there but people still use 32bit games...

Nothing changed

To me only big colorfull Google maded Android and beceuse of that phenomenon, people wants to somehow push Wayland on Desktop: Desktop which is not a Desktop - there is not a single another reason for it: no Android happened, means no Wayland and gtk3 shit needed - push which means "cover them both" what the hell

Well even Windows 10 returns Start Menu, ha, he, ha...
              Last edited by dungeon; 05 June 2015, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Happy B day. We share the same day . What a nice coincidence.

Comment

Thanks guys!
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Ok, but what happened exactly 11 years ago?

Comment

Working...
                    X