No announcement yet.

Phoronix Forums Upgraded: Mobile + HTTPS Friendly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael i hope you have a backup or you wanna mkve to IPB cause i HATE vb5 shit

Comment

Originally posted by opensource View Post
      1. javascript:
      2. In HTTPS logging-in is not possible, it only slides down a few millimeters, that javascript-requiring ****.
      More data can be acquired if the user enables javascript and this makes him more trackable.
      given the small amount of people having javascript disabled, i believe those could be nicely recognized by software just because of their lack of js-support

Comment

a post of your upgrade journey and problems would be cool, maybe also server stuff recommend, services, keeping the site secure, etc.

Comment

I like the look better, and someone better at web dev than me could make a dark theme and submit it to the Stylish Firefox/Chrome addon.

Michael, maybe just ditch vBulletin? There are very good and powerful FOSS alternatives.

Comment

Hi, I can't change pages. Next/Previous nor the numbers don't work...
            If I click on them, the URL changes, but page doesn't reload. Using filrefox...

Serafean.

Comment

Logging in is really tricky because of Firefox and Chrome blogging content.
              I have to constantly disable protection.

Comment

Originally posted by Serafean View Post
                Hi, I can't change pages. Next/Previous nor the numbers don't work...
                If I click on them, the URL changes, but page doesn't reload. Using filrefox...

Serafean.
                Do you have JavaScript and such enabled?
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Logging in is really tricky because of Firefox and Chrome blogging content.
                  I have to constantly disable protection.
                  Also, I just got a server abort message trying to post (protection disabled).

Comment

Man, if it ain't broke, don't fix it! Why the stupid change of database structure in vBulletin 5?

Might as well write stored procedures in MySQL so that all the integration still works between version changes, but I guess it won't work that way.

Stored procedures: http://code.tutsplus.com/articles/an...l-5--net-17843

Update: Looks like I discovered a bug: If you add a link at the end of the line and hit enter twice after you edit, the formatting for link stays the same as you type.

And I'm a junior member instead of senior member... Hmm...
                    Last edited by GraysonPeddie; 09 May 2015, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Michael
                      Do you have JavaScript and such enabled?
                      Yes. But tbh basic things paging this shouldn't require JS...
                      Granted phoronix isn't the greatest source of technical solutions, but the links browser saved me many times...

And I had to write this in kate, because the "post" form registers every second press...
                      preview throws an "error loading preview"
                      post reply throws another error, but silently posts...

Comment

Working...
                      X