Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Forums Upgraded: Mobile + HTTPS Friendly

Phoronix: Phoronix Forums Upgraded: Mobile + HTTPS Friendly

The Phoronix Forums were just upgraded.....

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Test post....
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Joke or serious? H I'm hating vBulletin 5 so far.... So much stuff is changed and broken and driving me insane right now with not being able to get things working like on vB4....
      Michael Larabel

Comment

Haven't tested mobile yet so I can't comment on that.

Desktop side though... You're still working on the theme, so I won't jump down your throat about it or anything... but def change the theme lol. Way too many grey's and whites together. Reminds me of the Pixie's city from Fairly Odd Parents...
        All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

I'm on a desktop at the moment. I like that the layout is no longer 2 feet wide.

The XHR pagination is a bit strange. If you blink you might not realise that it has changed page. If the request is slow it also gives the impression that it has hung your browser by using the "wait" cursor style (why does this even exist?).

I haven't tried on a mobile yet.

Comment

Originally posted by siavashserver
            I was serious Michael No idea about technical difficulties behind the scenes, but it looks visually much better than before.
            I'm fuming with anger right now behind the scenes that the ad handling has changed entirely, customization is a bitch after having bought a theme to start from, vB5 changed a bunch of DB handling so some of the PHXCMS handling is now not working, etc.
            Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

I'm fuming with anger right now behind the scenes that the ad handling has changed entirely, customization is a bitch after having bought a theme to start from, vB5 changed a bunch of DB handling so some of the PHXCMS handling is now not working, etc.
              And is "New Topics" at the top even working for anyone? I'm very unhappy with vB5 right now besides having fixed mobile viewing issues and HTTPS support.
              Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

And is "New Topics" at the top even working for anyone?
                No, my button click was not restrictive enough and might return too many results.

Comment

Very nice! I really like the colours. Maybe a night/inverted version would be in the works?

Comment

Michael, what results do you intend to show in New Topics? I adjusted the search JSON by adding a date constraint and it then returned results. This is what I've got:

{
                    "view": "topic",
                    "unread_only": 1,
                    "sort": {
                    "lastcontent": "desc"
                    },
                    "exclude_type": [
                    "vBForum_PrivateMessage"
                    ],
                    "date": "lastVisit"
                    }

This might not work for a first time visitor though. It still might try to return everything.

Comment

Working...
                    X