Forum Suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Suggestion

First of all I think its GREAT that you decided to add a forum. This site has been one of my favorites for a long time, its nice to be able to "meet" you and other "Phoronix Phans" .

Now, one thing I'd like to see changed would be the minimum resolution the forum scales to. My laptop is 1024x768 and I have to scroll horizontally to see everything.

Thanks.

I think the forum is cool too. Just to add... I'd would suggest changing the icon button to enable the quick reply... I had to figure it out by myself!

Comment

Originally posted by cakey
      First of all I think its GREAT that you decided to add a forum. This site has been one of my favorites for a long time, its nice to be able to "meet" you and other "Phoronix Phans" .

Now, one thing I'd like to see changed would be the minimum resolution the forum scales to. My laptop is 1024x768 and I have to scroll horizontally to see everything.

Thanks.
      I have this problem on my laptop as well. It'd be very nice if someone could fix.

Comment

Already suggested in the Pre-Launch Feedback thread. The response:

Originally posted by Michael
        I'll look into possibly having it changed from its 1070px fixed width.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. The fixed-width layout should now be decreased by 50px. This should assist those running 1024 x 768. The transition seemed to be smooth, however, if anyone comes across malformed pages now, please report them.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael
            Thanks for the suggestions. The fixed-width layout should now be decreased by 50px. This should assist those running 1024 x 768. The transition seemed to be smooth, however, if anyone comes across malformed pages now, please report them.
            Okay, that's a little better now, but still not quite there for 1024x768. I found out that if you change the top logo size and all instances of "1020" to "990", it fits perfectly. It's probably not a good idea to let the browser resize the logo, though, since it can have an unwanted impact on letter shapes, making them harder to read.

Comment

Yep, it should hopefully be addressed now. Thanks for everyone's comments. However, if anyone comes across any malformed pages when it comes to any of the objects being too large, etc... please report them.
              Michael Larabel

Comment

Looks all good now! Thanks for fixing it. There seems to be a little alignment problem in the New Posts page. Only a minor glitch, barely noticeable. I still wish the WYSIWYG editor font in the text field was a more plain like Bitstream Vera Sans. I'm comparing to another vBulletin forum here that uses a much more clear font in its editor. I haven't been able to find the code bit for comparison, though, but I can post a screenshot. Actually, try comparing the text field font to the one outside. The difference should be clear.

Comment

I haven't received any other feedback about the WYSIWYG editor font, however, feel free to post a screenshot. I will experiment with the font, right now I believe it is set to Arial.
                  Michael Larabel

Comment

Done.

Phoronix editor

Other vBulletin editor

If you make a side-by-side comparison, you should clearly see the difference.

Comment

Working...
                    X