No announcement yet.

Turning A Basement Into A Big Linux Server Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say "the old carpet would help reduce noise" but apparently there isn't much noise to begin with. Good to get rid of carpet for a server room anyway - adds unnecessary static and traps dust. The new floor looks better anyway.

I think the old wood paneling looked nice, but, it does make the room much darker and less modern. I think the old bathroom looked ok too but again, way too dark.

Anyway, nice setup. I'm sure you're glad this is done.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
      I'd say "the old carpet would help reduce noise" but apparently there isn't much noise to begin with. Good to get rid of carpet for a server room anyway - adds unnecessary static and traps dust. The new floor looks better anyway.

I think the old wood paneling looked nice, but, it does make the room much darker and less modern. I think the old bathroom looked ok too but again, way too dark.

How about some nice earthed stainless steel panelling just like on a Bond set ?

PS Michael, those ads must be paying off

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post

The old carpet was so dirty and nasty up close.

Yeah it made it way too dark and was very thin wood that didn't provide much for insulation, etc.

Thanks.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Rather bloody well done!

Comment

Originally posted by Slartifartblast View Post
            How about some nice earthed stainless steel panelling just like on a Bond set ?

PS Michael, those ads must be paying off
            He said in the article the money came from PTS customers. It's good to see PTS is able to draw commercial interest. I really like it.

About the old carpet, yeah, carpet sucks. It takes a lot of effort to keep carpet clean.

Comment

Great job Michael! Your electricity bill must be pretty tall though.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
                Really awesome.
                Michael really do have many talents.

looks like he is a mixture of a handyman and a electrician with some kind of IT super power voodoo magic.
                I worked on construction sites since I was 9 years old.
                Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by killyou View Post
                  Great job Michael! Your electricity bill must be pretty tall though.
                  $200~300 USD per month usually... But at least it's largely a business expense.
                  Michael Larabel

Comment

If it's loud at all in there, you should probably wear hearing protection if you go in there for extended periods--hearing loss and all that.

Comment

Nice job, but....

No Shooting Pool? What is so great about this basement?
                      Kidding Michael, very nice job indeed!
                      Im just wondering when you gonna install a Rackmount LCD Monitor Keyboard Drawer, like those we watched on 24 series at the CTU?

Comment

Working...
                      X