Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Step Closer On The New Linux Benchmarking Test Farm

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Another Step Closer On The New Linux Benchmarking Test Farm

    Phoronix: Another Step Closer On The New Linux Benchmarking Test Farm

    Our new Linux benchmarking test farm that's much cleaner and more organized than the current implementation shown at LinuxBenchmarking.com is a step closer to reality. By the end of this week this new farm controlled by Phoromatic and powered by OpenBenchmarking.org and the Phoronix Test Suite should be powered up...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...m-Wall-Weekend

  • #2
    ARRRGGGGGG!! THAT IS GOING TO BE SO AWESOME!!! I told my wife that I want to build something like this in our basement in our next house. She gave a tentative "... ok". lol.

    Comment


    • #3
      Cooling?

      Looks great!

      What kind of cooling do you have?
      A computer room gets warm really quick when the cooling system stops.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by oskar-n View Post
        Looks great!

        What kind of cooling do you have?
        A computer room gets warm really quick when the cooling system stops.
        True. Luckily being in a basement will help a bit with keeping things cooler.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by oskar-n View Post
          Looks great!

          What kind of cooling do you have?
          A computer room gets warm really quick when the cooling system stops.
          Nothing special, just a high efficiency furnace (with the fan circulating air always throughout the house regardless of AC/heat being on or off) and air conditioner.... Right now in the smaller room, all the systems run fine, albeit much warmer. Should be better in new room given the basement plus like ~3x larger space and being right next to a air return vent to the furnance that I made large in size.
          Michael Larabel
          http://www.michaellarabel.com/

          Comment


          • #6
            Do you plan any UPS / electricity back-up?

            Do you plan any smoke detector? Sprinklers?

            What's the thingy on the ceiling? A projector? You want to do a control room like NASA, with data projected on the wall?

            Cooling: I don't understand the furnace role in the cooling of the room, especially during the summer months (is Indiana hot in summer?)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TeoLinuX View Post
              Do you plan any UPS / electricity back-up?

              Do you plan any smoke detector? Sprinklers?

              What's the thingy on the ceiling? A projector? You want to do a control room like NASA, with data projected on the wall?

              Cooling: I don't understand the furnace role in the cooling of the room, especially during the summer months (is Indiana hot in summer?)
              Only a small UPS for the router/modem.

              Nest smoke detectors.

              A projector... For showing me system vitals of the tests happening in realtime or something, still figuring it out as had this old projector laying around for a few years.

              The furnace fan still will circulate air throughout the house even when the heat isn't running, plus is part of the air conditioning process.
              Michael Larabel
              http://www.michaellarabel.com/

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Michael View Post
                Only a small UPS for the router/modem.

                Nest smoke detectors.

                A projector... For showing me system vitals of the tests happening in realtime or something, still figuring it out as had this old projector laying around for a few years.

                The furnace fan still will circulate air throughout the house even when the heat isn't running, plus is part of the air conditioning process.
                The projector thing sounds so badass! That's making it a real war room

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                  Phoronix: Another Step Closer On The New Linux Benchmarking Test Farm

                  Our new Linux benchmarking test farm that's much cleaner and more organized than the current implementation shown at LinuxBenchmarking.com is a step closer to reality. By the end of this week this new farm controlled by Phoromatic and powered by OpenBenchmarking.org and the Phoronix Test Suite should be powered up...

                  http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...m-Wall-Weekend
                  One more question:
                  the whole test farm is just a bunch of independently running PCs , or are they coordinated and controlled by one PC that launches tasks, supervising all the tests and results?
                  In case they are all independent, how do you access them? Via remote terminal?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TeoLinuX View Post
                    One more question:
                    the whole test farm is just a bunch of independently running PCs , or are they coordinated and controlled by one PC that launches tasks, supervising all the tests and results?
                    In case they are all independent, how do you access them? Via remote terminal?
                    http://www.phoromatic.com/ controls everything. From any device with access to my server, I can select any tests to run (aside from all the ones that are scheduled/triggered automatically) and the systems to run them on, then Phoromatic will take care of WoL powering up the systems, setting up the test environment, running any custom scripts before/afterwards that were set via the Phoromatic web interface, then run the Phoronix Test Suite, and report all of the data back to the Phoromatic control panel shown on the projector.
                    Michael Larabel
                    http://www.michaellarabel.com/

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X