Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows 10, PS4, C4 & Systemd News Kicked Off 2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Windows 10, PS4, C4 & Systemd News Kicked Off 2015

    Phoronix: Windows 10, PS4, C4 & Systemd News Kicked Off 2015

    As usual, here's a look at the most exciting content on Phoronix over the past month...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ary-2015-Recap

  • #2
    My favorite topics are: KDE, QT, systemd, gcc, clang/llvm, Linux kernel, Firefox, Chrome, rust.

    Comment


    • #3
      And Wayland/Weston of course!

      Comment


      • #4
        What's the status of benchmarking windows versions of OSS games using wine on pts? I'd like to see benchmarks of native OSS games compared to wine configured using nine and wine configured using it's internal dx implementation.

        I know it would require some manual configuration and so it won't be fully automated as such, but it would be a very cool article to see.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Steffo View Post
          My favorite topics are: KDE, QT, systemd, gcc, clang/llvm, Linux kernel, Firefox, Chrome, rust.
          Your favorite topic is QuickTime?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ihatemichael View Post
            Your favorite topic is QuickTime?
            And again it is -you- that mentioned quicktime. Acronyms are always capital. It doesn't matter what dumbass project maintainers think they should be. Every child learning english always learns to capitalize them.

            What's your obsession with it?
            Last edited by duby229; 02-01-2015, 06:36 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              This may be a stupid question but is Windows 10 free the first year or is it that the offer for a free upgrade only lasts a year?

              Also since we just had a libinput article: will libinput ever handle multitouch the way MacOSX can? I find gestures like pinch to zoom/zoom out and rotation very useful. Is there a way to have that sort of multitouch with the tools that are currently out?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by duby229 View Post
                And again it is -you- that mentioned quicktime. Acronyms are always capital. It doesn't matter what dumbass project maintainers think they should be. Every child learning english always learns to capitalize them.

                What's your obsession with it?
                As much as I think he's being stupid... Qt is a name not an acronym

                From wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qt_%28software%29
                Haavard Nord and Eirik Chambe-Eng (the original developers of Qt and the CEO and President, respectively, of Trolltech) began development of "Qt" in 1991, three years before the company was incorporated as Quasar Technologies, then changed the name to Troll Tech and then to Trolltech.[1]

                The toolkit was called Qt because the letter Q looked appealing in Haavard's Emacs typeface, and "t" was inspired by Xt, the X toolkit.[1]

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by CTown View Post
                  This may be a stupid question but is Windows 10 free the first year or is it that the offer for a free upgrade only lasts a year?
                  If you have Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 you can upgrade to Windows 10 for free if you do so within the first year of it's release, what happens after that has not yet been announced.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
                    As much as I think he's being stupid... Qt is a name not an acronym

                    From wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qt_%28software%29
                    Maybe, but it seems clear to me that it's an acrynym for "Q toolkit". Therefore, "X toolkit" is too.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X