No announcement yet.

Phoronix Mobile Site Improvement Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, I meant Firefox for Android (happens on Android 4.4 and Android 5.0).

Comment

Mobile sites are so 90's story. What's next, a WAP page? You need to do
      a responsive web layout. You need to use something like Bootstrap or
      Zurb Foundation. If you have 100+ hrs working week, then you absolutely
      earn enough money to hire someone to do it for you. You don't have to
      be jack of all trades, no one is.

Comment

Just pushed a variety of content management system updates... Let me know if anyone encounters any problems, particularly around loading news stories as the biggest change was there.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by clavko View Post
          Mobile sites are so 90's story. What's next, a WAP page? You need to do
          a responsive web layout. You need to use something like Bootstrap or
          Zurb Foundation.
          Please no. Those hipster frameworks don't work in half the browsers, and bog the other half down heavily.

Comment

I can handle Phoronix on a mobile device, but the forum is nearly unbearable. vBulletin 4 just wasn't built with anything other than a big desktop in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by CTown View Post
              I only get this problem on Fire on Android but sometimes random posts have very tiny fonts. Sometimes, it would be an entire page of posts. Resetting Firefox does not fix this.Anyone else having the same problem

http://m.imgur.com/kuQOkaC.

I also agree with the fact that it would be nice if text were allowed to rewrap itself when zooming in and out.
              I don't get this in Windows Phone 8.1 on stock IE. Maybe you can try using the stock Android browser and see if it happens.

Comment

I only get this problem on Fire on Android but sometimes random posts have very tiny fonts. Sometimes, it would be an entire page of posts. Resetting Firefox does not fix this.Anyone else having the same problem
                I have the exactly same problem with Firefox on Android. Stock browser doesn't have it, but its rendering of forum content is too limited for mobile screen (the page is rendered to look as on desktop and you need to do A LOT of scrolling left-right and up-down to read - unusable). Chrome is better at rendering forum content than Firefox (no tiny-font posts), but is somewhat laggy on my phone. Ant that leads us to...
                I also agree with the fact that it would be nice if text were allowed to rewrap itself when zooming in and out.
                Opera Classic - nice rendering, text rewrapping - it does it all. I didn't use it quite often, but I might to change my mind.

Comment

I'm a premium user and I always only view phoronix on chrome on a KitKat nexus5.
                  My biggest gripe is with failing premium user detection, and having to go to the forums back and forth to log in. Because of this I usually just view it as a regular user. It would be nice to have the login thing at the top even when not in the forum.
                  For something more mobile specific, bigger page buttons would be really nice
                  I'm not sure if I agree with Auto wrapping text, it can cause uninteded wrapping that cancel out what you are trying to do, which I think is a lot more annoying than scrolling back and forth. I'd much rather see an increase of body text font of around 2pt, maybe with some way of changing the settings. This should also be easier to implement?

Comment

Working...
                  X