Happy New Year & Looking Forward To 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy New Year everyone!

I enjoyed reading articles concerning GTK3/GNOME3, systemd, games for Linux, and AMD. What I would enjoy the most is APUs from AMD. I really hope AMD will make lots of improvements to OpenCL so that Blender can take advantage of Kaveri's GPU and even HSA.

Oh, and I have built myself a new computer with AMD A8-7600 APU this Tuesday. I have a Gigabyte A88X M-ATX (HD3) motherboard inside my Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 case. The only 3 I took over from my ATX computer case that is too big for me is Seasonic 300W power supply, Vengeance 8GB 8166MHz memory, and 2TB hard drive. My Seasonic PSU had way too many molex connectors with very short motherboard and 4-pin leads and 300w is overkill and inefficient for such loads under 60W, so I'm thinking of going for PicoPSU 160-XT. For those thinking, "whoa! 160w is very low for an M-ATX setup," remember that computer components only draw power it needs and with an external power brick and a ATX DC-DC PSU mounting plate.

Anyway, making computers smaller and silent will be my New Year's Resolution, while not sacrificing the number of expansion slots (I have an Echo Gina3G audio interface. I might plan to add a Hauppauge Colossus Internal HD PVR for 720p gaming from PS3 if I so choose.

Once again, Happy New Year! I'm going to eat some ribs and potato salad! All home-made! And potato salad is going to be hot, too! Yummy.

Comment

Happy new year!

For 2015 I would like to see Phoronix include top tier games in its suite of game benches. At minimum I would just like to see more of them.

Games aren't easy to benchmark, they never will be. I think this year I'd like to see some volunteers help Michael produce top quality game benches to publish.

Comment

?Feliz a?o nuevo!

?Aguante GNU/Linux y el software libre, la puta madre que lo pari?.

Comment

happy new year

Comment

Please start including benchmarks of games such as Borderlands Pre-Sequel and Metro Last Light Redux... that would be much better!

Cheers,
            Keep up the awesome job!

Comment

Originally posted by Emanem View Post
              Please start including benchmarks of games such as Borderlands Pre-Sequel and Metro Last Light Redux... that would be much better!

Cheers,
              Keep up the awesome job!
              It's all entirely dependent upon what games can be fully automated for benchmarking.... Most of the games cannot. For Metro LL Redux for example, it's blocked by bugs in the game for now: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tem&px=MTg2MTE
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
              X