Preview Of The Massive New Open-Source, Linux Test Farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eydee View Post
    People with Adblock Plus are the reason, Michael is on a budget!
    Indeed. Only got a number of systems finished up this week due to Black Friday / Cyber Monday deals on RAM and couple more cases, etc.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Add FreeBSD to the list if possible? And OpenBSD, NetBSD.

Anyway, super cool setup. Keep up the great work.

Comment

HELL yes! That is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyChow View Post
          Add FreeBSD to the list if possible? And OpenBSD, NetBSD.

Anyway, super cool setup. Keep up the great work.
          Likely not enough interest to justify adding BSD trackers at this point... Besides running out of system hardware now.

But the Phoronix Test Suite / Phoromatic software will run on BSDs for others wanting to do such tests.
          Michael Larabel

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Michael! I finally got around to donating today. I know everyone says not to use addblock, and I haven't used it in years. I do however have a strict policy about not allowing third party scripts in my browser, which has kept me (as far as I know) virus free for a long time now. Thanks again for all your work and articles.

Comment

Originally posted by elel View Post
              Thanks Michael! I finally got around to donating today. I know everyone says not to use addblock, and I haven't used it in years. I do however have a strict policy about not allowing third party scripts in my browser, which has kept me (as far as I know) virus free for a long time now. Thanks again for all your work and articles.
              Thanks!!
              Michael Larabel

Comment

The main thing I get out of that picture is that I should rotate my case 180 degrees. I never use the front, and am constantly plugging things into the back.

Why have I never thought of this before?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  Likely not enough interest to justify adding BSD trackers at this point... Besides running out of system hardware now.

But the Phoronix Test Suite / Phoromatic software will run on BSDs for others wanting to do such tests.
                  FreeBSD is quite popular, at least in the forums. Maybe it doesn't generate enough clicks, only you would know. However, BSD users seem to dislike Phoronix benchmarks even more than Linux users. Anectodal, of course.

Comment

Thanks Michael, this is what I was waiting for. Just a couple of questions:
                    1) Will you test a radeonsi card in your mesa per-commit testing?
                    2) Will you test a radeonsi card in your llvm per-commit testing?
                    3) Will you test a radeonsi card in your linux per-commit testing?

Please tell me the answer is yes and I will flood your office with beer
                    ## VGA ##
                    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
                      Thanks Michael, this is what I was waiting for. Just a couple of questions:
                      1) Will you test a radeonsi card in your mesa per-commit testing?
                      2) Will you test a radeonsi card in your llvm per-commit testing?
                      3) Will you test a radeonsi card in your linux per-commit testing?

Please tell me the answer is yes and I will flood your office with beer
                      Yes, right now using Radeon R7 260X for energy efficient RadeonSI testing. But is not on a per-commit basis but on a daily basis --given the number of commits spanning the projects.
                      Michael Larabel

Comment

Working...
                      X