Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preview Of The Massive New Open-Source, Linux Test Farm

Phoronix: Preview Of The Massive New Open-Source, Linux Test Farm

They say a picture is worth one thousand words, but how many Linux systems is a picture worth?..

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTg1NDg

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Preview Of The Massive New Open-Source, Linux Test Farm

They say a picture is worth one thousand words, but how many Linux systems is a picture worth?..

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTg1NDg
    well you don't have to pay for heating anymore

Comment

Originally posted by gens View Post
      well you don't have to pay for heating anymore
      It's not THAT much warmer as Phoromatic takes care of turning off / WoL'ing systems to power up when there is tests needing to be done but when idling will power off completely. Plus lots of latest efficient hardware.
      Michael Larabel
      http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael
        26 modern Linux systems at the moment running upstream Linux tests daily... (Not counting the daily Phoronix test systems for article/review testing.) By the end of the weekend, 28~30 systems dedicated to this mission... Open-source, Linux benchmarks every single day with full automation and reproducibility looking for upstream regressions and tracking the overall performance with real-world workloads. Antergos/Arch Linux, Linux mainline Git, LLVM/Clang daily, Fedora Rawhide Nodebug, Linux + Mesa Git, daily Ubuntu Vivid packages, daily Debian unstable, and openSUSE Tumbleweed...
        Add Mageia Cauldron to the list if possible?

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
          Add Mageia Cauldron to the list if possible?
          Is there anything unique/interesting from Mageia these days? Anything different about their kernel/compiler/etc compared to Arch/Ubuntu/Debian/openSUSE/Fedora?
          Michael Larabel
          http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Ooooh....pretty.

Really looking forward to seeing the output from this, especially excited to see more Arch benchmarks.

Comment

Massive?

I expected to see rows and rows of rack mounted computers, instead I see just a bunch of PCs in a corner.

Comment

Originally posted by cthart View Post
                I expected to see rows and rows of rack mounted computers, instead I see just a bunch of PCs in a corner.
                People with Adblock Plus are the reason, Michael is on a budget!

Comment

Originally posted by cthart View Post
                  Racks are for servers.

Linux on servers is probably overtested by big corps anyway

Comment

It's simple math

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                    They say a picture is worth one thousand words, but how many Linux systems is a picture worth?
                    Easy:

running
                    Code:
                    find * -print0 | wc --words --files0-from=-
                    on the mainline kernel source tree (commit g56c67ce) gives a result of 62294310 words total.
                    Therefore, a picture is worth 1000/62294310=0.000016053 Linux systems.
                    And that doesn't even include other programs running on those systems.

Comment

Working...
                    X