Phoronix review wish list for 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix review wish list for 2008

Anybody else got a wish list for 2008? Here's your chance to make it known.

I'd like to see two things reviewed at phoronix sometime in the future.

1. SSD devices. I know there are many solid state drives available, but most of them are quite a bit out of people's price ranges. I'd like to see one of them reviewed if at all possible, compared w/ a hard drive, especially compared w/ UDMA/66/100 supporting compact flash to see how they all perform.

These newer high performance CFL cards are within most peoples' price range, I'd think.

2. Linux on a big screen TV. Any big screen, but more importantly something that doesn't have a burn in issue such as a projection LCD/DLP, or an LCD panel. What's required to get it working correctly via xorg.conf. Or even better, how compatible is it w/ linux now that xorg 7.3 has come out w/ the new hotplug support for monitors where the xorg.conf file isn't always even needed now.

Happy 2008 phoronix, and fellow phoronix readers!

No wish list. If there's something new and exciting, Michael reviews it.

But I'd like him to do reviews about KDE4 in the future. To know more about KDE? No, but to make him switch to the dark (and better) side of the desktop environment war

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
      But I'd like him to do reviews about KDE4 in the future. To know more about KDE? No, but to make him switch to the dark (and better) side of the desktop environment war
      Hey, I am going to the KDE 4.0 release event... I'll wear my KDE hat for a few days, but I have yet to decide whether KDE will touch my notebook while at the event. Spot the laptop there running GNOME!
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
      X