Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderation queue

Hi.

Thanks for registering at the Phoronix Forums! We are glad you have joined the forums and hope you enjoy your stay. Please note, in our fight against spam, posts that contain a URL or image will be sent to the moderation queue while you have less than five posts. Additional rules and notes can be found @ http://www.phoronix.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6 If you have any additional questions, please contact us using the "Site Discussion" forum.
    I'm not submitting post with URL or images yet my posts are going to moderation queue. Is it right?

I'm in the moderation queue as well. What gives, mod? You delay my posts for over a day and I cannot participate in discussions because of that, nobody sees my replies...

Comment

I've been a reader of Phoronix since 2008, often reading the forum/comments on articles. Decided to register and post something that had no urls or images. It showed up on the thread, I later edited it but now it's no longer on the thread. I don't seem to have any post history or notifications, where is this moderation queue?

Comment

IIRC the threshold is 10 posts, after that you are good to go to post whatever you like.

Comment

Originally posted by Tentacle View Post
          I'm in the moderation queue as well. What gives, mod? You delay my posts for over a day and I cannot participate in discussions because of that, nobody sees my replies...
          same here. why our posts which contain no URL or image go in moderation queue?

Comment

Originally posted by roytam1 View Post
            I guess you never use recent posts feature? This forum would drown in spam bot posts without moderation. Just, please, moderation on *everywhere*

Addendum: Modern spam bots don't necessarily post images or links anymore either

Comment

Originally posted by roytam1 View Post
              If you could see the hundreds of posts made a day with no URLs or images from spammers you would know why.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                If you could see the hundreds of posts made a day with no URLs or images from spammers you would know why.
                Ever as is a lot of spam seem to trickle through. Maybe there should also be a captcha for first ten posts?

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
                  Ever as is a lot of spam seem to trickle through. Maybe there should also be a captcha for first ten posts?
                  I'd prefer captcha instead of long-waiting moderation queue. :S

Comment

Could mods please also try to find out whether senior account hottwothree got hacked. Seems to be just random posts now.
                    Last edited by nanonyme; 10 November 2014, 04:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X