No announcement yet.

The Plethora Of Linux Hardware Tests Coming: Linux 3.16 Is Great, Reviews, Etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Plethora Of Linux Hardware Tests Coming: Linux 3.16 Is Great, Reviews, Etc

Phoronix: The Plethora Of Linux Hardware Tests Coming: Linux 3.16 Is Great, Reviews, Etc

Here's a look at the rest of the articles coming up on Phoronix this month with pursuing the mission of enriching the Linux hardware experience and being the leading source for Linux benchmarks and hardware/enthusiast-oriented information...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I think 3.16 kernel will be the real best improvement on Hardware starting by BIOS itself began since 3.15 kernel which has issued important ACPI features.

Comment

And the kill windows movement begins
      I think every kernel from here on out will be huge.

Comment

looks like there are some good articles coming up

Comment

As for computer cases, I'm aiming for Fractal Design Node 804 for my desktop and server. I'm downsizing from ATX to Micro ATX as I only need four PCI/PCI-E slots. For my desktop, I could make a decent gaming rig with AMD APU and all-in-one 240mm water cooling inside the front of the case.

Comment

If possible WiFi chip testing would be nice. Other than video stability issues, I also encounter WiFi stabiity and performance problems (ie. 802.11n doesn't work well so you have to drop down to 802.11g or power management doesn't work so you have to disable it). One time, I remember seeing more frequent jumps in performance during long transfers with an Intel chip while a Qualcomm Atheros chip maintained a smoother profile. That kind of test might be useful to some.

Too bad, I'm not sure how reliable WiFi performance tests can be due to varying environmental conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by pumahove View Post
              If possible WiFi chip testing would be nice. Other than video stability issues, I also encounter WiFi stabiity and performance problems (ie. 802.11n doesn't work well so you have to drop down to 802.11g or power management doesn't work so you have to disable it). One time, I remember seeing more frequent jumps in performance during long transfers with an Intel chip while a Qualcomm Atheros chip maintained a smoother profile. That kind of test might be useful to some.

Too bad, I'm not sure how reliable WiFi performance tests can be due to varying environmental conditions.
              Unaware of any really good (automated-capable) WiFi tests, especially that work cross-conditions, etc.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

720p(1k) testing please and 1080p (2k) too of course

It would be nice to test the GPUs for normal GNUsers.

Using 720p (1k) and 1080p (2k) instead of the 1280x720 or 1920x1080, SHORT NAMES are easy to read and understand as VGA, SVGA, WXVGA etc.

Also 720p for hard games for your GPU is a great solution and it is great for benchmarking to watch how the GPUs scale from 1k to 2k resolutions.

Comment

Not to me at least, every time I see a WQXZVGA I always have to look it up what the heck it means.

Comment

Working...
                  X