No announcement yet.

Win An Amazon Gift Card While Helping Out This Linux Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate when the percentage counts pages and not actual questions, firt 45% was easy, onc I got to 64% I was about to puke. They know there servey is to bloated as well because right around this point they started asking control questions. A couple of the later pages just got a quick scan for thows and bland answeres for the rest, so much for quality control.

A good portion of questions could be skiped by looking at previous answeres and it would also be nice to be able to submit with out having to provide an email address (can win any thing any way).

Comment

If the selected winner is a Canadian resident, he or she must correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question in order to claim prize
      I always have to laugh when I'm reading this. I know the reason is Canadian law but it really sounds like: "In order to prove that you are not a US citizen solve this math question"

Comment

I suffered through it to help the site, but...

OK, I managed to make it through to the end of the survey, and I hope that little effort on my part helps out Phoronix (since I enjoy this site tremendously). But wow, how dumb can these "professional" survey folks at IDG be?

As others pointed out, not everyone lives in the USA. I live in Asia. Despite clicking the box that I don't live in the USA, I still had to go through all those dumb questions about my cell phone carrier (Verizon, AT&T, etc). Might they have bothered to give me a box so I could say just what country I do live in?

And of course, my computer must be a "PC or Mac" - I assume "PC" means Windows, even though I'm 100% Linux, an OS I'm sure the surveyors never heard of.

And yes, the survey was annoyingly long.

Finally, it would have been nice to have had a "back" button.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
          Wow. Your time is PRECIOUS!
          Yes, in fact. Considering that the answers to all these questions is valuable, everyone who finishes the survey should receive something in return. I gave up after the marriage question. My age and marital status are irrelevant to Phoronix; I am not interested in spending time on something that provides value neither to me nor to what I care about.

Comment

[ ] Medical Professional (other than Doctor)

Does that include Shamans, Faith Healers etc..?

Comment

Too much long...

Originally posted by brosis View Post
              Filled it out.
              Btw, its one of the stupidiest surveys I've seen so far.
              So many questions asked, they should understand psychology 101 - not paid, not affiliated - no patience. 5-7 questions all of multichoice nature would be sufficient. I bet most of the people even with high enthusiasm would loose patience after 50%. Really really overcomplicated.
              Confirmed. After 20 minutes when I was in 59% I closed it... :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Candide View Post
                OK, I managed to make it through to the end of the survey, and I hope that little effort on my part helps out Phoronix (since I enjoy this site tremendously). But wow, how dumb can these "professional" survey folks at IDG be?
                Respect!
                Canceled after 10 or so minutes. What a lengthy, lengthy, lengthy and horrible survey

Comment

IDG TechNetwork
                  Prize Sweepstakes Official Rules

2. Who Can Enter: The sweepstakes is open to any adult 18 years old or older at the time of the entry and a legal resident of the 50 United-States, including the District of Columbia or Canada (except Quebec) who has received an email invitation to participate in the survey to which this sweepstakes relates. Employees of IDG TechNetwork, its affiliates and agents, and their immediate families (spouse, children, parents and siblings) and household members (whether or not related) are not eligible to participate or win. The sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law and subject to all laws.

"who has received an email invitation to participate in the survey"?

Comment

The survey also askes tons of questions about how you ended up on IDG and if your intent was to buy products etc. So it seamed that it was tuned for use on IDG rather then Phoronix.

Comment

Working...
                    X