Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear Lord...

Table based layout? Really?
    Min width 1210px? Responsive web, anyone?
    XHTML Transitional? Ever heard of HTML5.
    Did you even bother to look at the validator?
    6 seconds to load? No browser caching? 77 requests?

Well... the picture is nice. I guess.

Comment

looks more clean

Given amount of content exposed, seems to me it's all the little tweaks that add up to a more "clean" look - improving the use of white space, some gray-scaling. I note that I can also find what I'm looking for more easily.

Maybe part of it's me getting older and appreciating not having to chase around for "features" of major re-designs that plays a part as well.

Comment

Originally posted by brosis View Post
        What broken font rendering have to do with website? You want Phoronix to render fonts for you server-sided and serve them as bitmaps, or you want it to serve the same ugliness to everyone? Fix your OS.
        Yeah... no point to argue with you. You completly fail to understand the point of this discussion.

Comment

The bigger fonts please me, and Open Sans is a good typeface. Please keep it! For those that think the fonts are too big: http://ia.net/blog/Improving-the-Dig...ng-Experience/ -- on my S4, the fonts are unproportinally big, though, and the side-columns are annoying and useless to me. I'll wait for the mobile improvements Oh, and the forum's CSS has to be adjusted as well

Yeah... no point to argue with you. You completly fail to understand the point of this discussion.
          I think he's quite right. If you turn off antialiasing, that's your decision. But you'll have to live with fonts on the web that don't have hinting for black-and-white display like in XP times. The majority of all PC users are looking at antialiased fonts (be it through ClearType or otherwise), if you stray from them, you're on your own. There's this weird mindset in Linux-land that just because things can be done differently, all options have to be supported equally.

Have you tried Infinality's FreeType patches? Maybe they'll help you with this. You can also advise Firefox to not allow any fonts other than what you have chosen, see the encoding/font dialog.

Comment

The new site design is okay but IMO the font is much to big. After Pressin "Crtl -" it's the optimal size in my opinion.

Also I much more liked the previous draft:

Comment

As far as visual presentation goes, this is a major step backwards.

Comment

New design is... better.

Comment

Originally posted by krofna View Post
                  This. Seriously, remove it.
                  lol, it scares me every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuc!eoN View Post
                    Also I much more liked the previous draft:

Me, too.

Comment

I made this Chrome extension for myself last night to get rid of the new phoronix theme. If anyone else feels like the new theme is not for them, they are also free to try it.

More info: http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showt...d-party-plugin

Comment

Working...
                      X