• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FourDMusic View Post
    Me, too.
    same, but no matter how i look, old site look was best

Comment

I like the new look, and I almost never like site redesigns.

This one seems to be an obvious improvement in readability and attractiveness.

Good job.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuc!eoN View Post
        The new site design is okay but IMO the font is much to big. After Pressin "Crtl -" it's the optimal size in my opinion.

Also I much more liked the previous draft:

This is also very nice.
        If Michael ever does implement themes, we could have 3 standard ones.
        1: Retro/Classic
        2: Default/Current
        3: Modern/Experimental

Hmm? How does that sound?

Personally I think the new one is much cleaner and seems freshened up, but not completely reorganized to keep fans of the older theme layout happy.

Comment

The white is too white! It hurts the eyes.

Comment

Dark style for new phoronix: http://userstyles.org/styles/98160/phoronix-dark

Comment

New design looks like rubbish, trash, garbage. Almost looks worse than Slashdot beta

Comment

There's now category images to replace my face more often
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

My suggestions:
                  • overall smaller font *
                  • wee bit more whitespace between stories on frontpage (or some seperator) as it all appears like a single big spammy slab
                  • also seperators/whitespace on the blocks to the right (e.g. a user may think "does the "# comments" refer to the item above or below?")

* = I don't understand why UI designers keep increasing font size every time we get higher display resolutions! I wanted to utilize those extra pixels to put more data on my screen! Rather than just slightly more rounded characters...sigh...
                  Last edited by Remdul; 12 February 2014, 03:17 PM.

Comment

The new design is nice, although the fonts are way too large. For example in the Bay Trail NUC article, the text font is so large, that the normal font inside the graphs seems tiny.

Comment

Just Hate it.

it is huge step back.

It is not Phoronix actually, it is someone playing with our eyes.
                      From the site that counted every pixel and where you get to be informed on news and read articles,
                      you came to plenty of white space with, sometimes, some letters in it.

Why would anyone destroy great, functional site look, for something like this,
                      that is too wide and too stupid to even look at, is beyond my reasoning.

My screen is 1280. It is not only for me, I know.
                      But, is it for those with wide monitors who look pages full-screen?
                      Well, anyone surfing internet full-screen is lame and should be using it's game console instead of computer.

Comment

Working...
                      X