Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Laptops Would You Like To See Tested On Linux?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Laptops Would You Like To See Tested On Linux?

Phoronix: What Laptops Would You Like To See Tested On Linux?

If you have been curious how a particular laptop is performing on Linux, now is your chance to voice your request as I will be buying two laptops this week for Phoronix testing and benchmarking under Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Dell m3800

Dell xps 13 sputnik with haswell

The latter comes with Linux preinstalled. The first is very powerful, but the qhd screen might not work very well with Linux.

Just don't pick another Apple notebook.

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchy View Post
      Dell m3800

Dell xps 13 sputnik with haswell

The latter comes with Linux preinstalled. The first is very powerful, but the qhd screen might not work very well with Linux.

Just don't pick another Apple notebook.
      Dell's XPS 12 2-in-1 Ultrabook. Either with Sputnik or maybe lets see how the OpenSUSE fares on this hybrid toy.

Also: i concur, skip Apple

Thanks,
      n.

Comment

AMD Kaveri

Won't you wait for AMD's Kaveri-equipped laptops? I'd vote for whatever small HP ProBook that comes with it. Admittedly, with AMD's execution and delivery skills as of late, it may be another 6-9 months before the laptops are on sale :-(

Comment

HP Elitebook G1: strong, lightweight, inexpensive, very easy maintenance. The 840 model has an Haswell i7 and a switchable Intel / Radeon and is full HD.

Comment

chromebooks with standard linux distros on them

Comment

Asus VIVOBOOK

The cheap and full of features (touch) "ultrabook" from asus. I really love them, but never saw them running linux.

Comment

It is not a laptop but it has laptop hardware.

I was thinking about Intel NUC Kit D54250WYK.

Comment

Laptops from the HP envy line would be interesting.
                  (15 and 17 inch)

Comparison of laptops with Core i7 and only builtin Intel graphics and laptops with Core i7 with discrete card.
                  Also comparison of laptops with Core i5+builtin Intel graphics and with discrete graphics card.

Laptops with the new APU's from AMD.

Comment

Fujitsu T904

This is the most advanced convertible at the moment, especially cause of its screen resolution. It were awseome to find out how it performs, also from a touch point of view.

Comment

Working...
                    X