No announcement yet.

Phoronix Premium, Site Improvements Land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still no mobile-friendly site and forums.

Comment

Okay, I updated it now... It should last the entire week for one forum log-in, including when going via RSS.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        Okay, I updated it now... It should last the entire week for one forum log-in, including when going via RSS.
        Good to hear, thanks Michael!

Comment

Originally posted by dagger View Post
          That's the reason I stopped my subscription in the fist place.
          The same for me.

Thanks. But why just one week? It's annoying having to visit the forum from your RSS reader every week. Why not one month or -even better- the entire year?
          ## VGA ##
          AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
          Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
            Still no mobile-friendly site and forums.
            +1

It would be great to have mobile view since I mostly read news/articles from my mobile phone on my way to work.

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
              Thanks. But why just one week? It's annoying having to visit the forum from your RSS reader every week. Why not one month or -even better- the entire year?
              Because it needs to validate the account is still active and in good standing, etc.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Because it needs to validate the account is still active and in good standing, etc.
                I still think that you will gain much more premium users with a one month cookie than the very few you will loose because someone is exploiting it. Users who don't want ads can use Adblock for free, so Premium is just another mean to donate. Don't discourage users with useless limitations: it's a pain in the ass having to visit the forum from RSS reader every week. I didn't renew my premium subscription because of this and I don't think I'm the only one.
                ## VGA ##
                AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
                  I still think that you will gain much more premium users with a one month cookie than the very few you will loose because someone is exploiting it. Users who don't want ads can use Adblock for free, so Premium is just another mean to donate. Don't discourage users with useless limitations: it's a pain in the ass having to visit the forum from RSS reader every week. I didn't renew my premium subscription because of this and I don't think I'm the only one.
                  +1.

Love the hard work you do Michael, but anzwix.com seems like just one more attempt at exposing users to ads, how about bypassing anzwix.com for premium users and take them directly to the upstream git commit URL?

Comment

When I login I get:
                    Invalid Redirect URL (http://www.phoronix.com/forums/)
                    Fortunately it the login still works in a new tab then ...

Comment

RSS URL Suggestion

Hi There,

Just a suggestion for the RSS reader url getting adverts etc.

You mentioned that you need to check that the account is still in good standing and paid etc - How about the RSS URL be a redirect/script that does this.

ideally you would want the URL to check that the user is all good and then forward the user on (http redirect so you can set the cookie). This would make the entire process extremely smooth and non intrusive to the paying end user.

Comment

Working...
                      X