No announcement yet.

Windows 8.1 vs. Linux Benchmark Results Are Coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPU comparison using Steam games, like Team Fortress 2.

Comment

Disk-performance

Hi Michael,

I want to thank you for the effort you put into the work you post here!
      Following up on your article of kernel 3.12 disk performance, some benchmarks comparing disk transaction performance would be nice.
      I don't know how many cross-platform tools there are for doing such a comparison though.

Comment

It would probably be very interesting add Mavericks (Os X 10.9) to the equation, since it just got released and for free.

Apparently, Apple managed to improve power usage, as also optimize performances..

Comment

Originally posted by sonnet View Post
          It would probably be very interesting add Mavericks (Os X 10.9) to the equation, since it just got released and for free.

Apparently, Apple managed to improve power usage, as also optimize performances..
          Except I don't have any worthwhile AMD or NVIDIA hardware on OS X systems for benchmarks.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Except I don't have any worthwhile AMD or NVIDIA hardware on OS X systems for benchmarks.
            Not sure if illegal or not, but in theory you could easily install Mavericks on a PC with an Intel CPU, just for the sake of making the tests

Comment

Not sure if illegal or not, but in theory you could easily install Mavericks on a PC with an Intel CPU, just for the sake of making the tests
              http://www.tonymacx86.com/home.php
              I havent had time to scour this page, but is there a bootable CD that could be used to run PTS?

Comment

Originally posted by Tgui View Post
                I havent had time to scour this page, but is there a bootable CD that could be used to run PTS?
                Doesn't matter as I won't run a "Hackintosh" for legal reasons plus such a hardware combination in the real world being incredibly rare. If the current Linux desktop marketshare is 1.5~3%, maybe 0.0001% of people are Hackintosh fans? PTS does have full support for Darwin / OS X though.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Doesn't matter as I won't run a "Hackintosh" for legal reasons plus such a hardware combination in the real world being incredibly rare. If the current Linux desktop marketshare is 1.5~3%, maybe 0.0001% of people are Hackintosh fans? PTS does have full support for Darwin / OS X though.
                  Suuuuuure, you're just hoping Apple sends you some hardware. (joking)

Comment

Time to take out the loan on the new Mac Pro Micheal. lol

Comment

For free only if you have bought their expensive hardware. They do not allow me to install it in my DELL pc for example. Sorry but this is not free then, it is just included in the MAC's price.
                      Apparently?

Comment

Working...
                      X