X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LinuxGamer
    replied
    Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
    yes i did was 1 am my gmt when i replied but that in plain ISO C XX is tolerable and since weston is a toy i can understand is less rigid about this kind of stuff but when you put C++ i snapped seeing a goto

well the good news i checked most wayland code and is neat and goto free, so i suppose this was the kinda "is a toy code i don't care" i will report it as a bug either way in case someone wants to use weston for production later
    hey thanks for replying and the report

Leave a comment:

• jrch2k8
    replied
    https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=67620 reported

Leave a comment:

• jrch2k8
    replied
    Originally posted by jayrulez View Post
    Did you miss the sarcasm tag?

That's actually from Wayland or rather Weston... But I knew some idiot would claim it is ugly just because I said it is from Mir. It is the handle_setmaster function in this file: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/wayland/...eston-launch.c

I just changed some names around to remove any hint that it is from Weston.
    yes i did was 1 am my gmt when i replied but that in plain ISO C XX is tolerable and since weston is a toy i can understand is less rigid about this kind of stuff but when you put C++ i snapped seeing a goto

well the good news i checked most wayland code and is neat and goto free, so i suppose this was the kinda "is a toy code i don't care" i will report it as a bug either way in case someone wants to use weston for production later

Leave a comment:

• Maudit
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post
    Stallman mate we all know very well ... Linus Torvalds instead said , "I believe that Ubuntu has taken the right approach, and it was very user-centric", then forget it. Do you know who this is Linus Torvalds? I think the issue of Linux are its users, who are at war not realizing that actually Linux on desktop DOES NOT EXIST!
    R.M. Stallman is the father of the Free Software and the founder of Free Software Foundation.
    Your statements "These words are the death of free software" and "this is the philosophy of free software" - so - are simply ridiculous, wrong and false.

Leave a comment:

• TheBlackCat
    replied
    Originally posted by verde View Post
    bla bla bla, there is absolutely no way the known statistics (distros share) legitimately change in a poll.
    This is only true if you assume:

1. There is only one time zone
    2. The distribution of distro users is consistent around the world
    3. The distribution of distro users is consistent across age groups and professions (some people will be working when others aren't)
    4. Users of different distros visit Phoronix with equal frequency on average
    5. Users in different regions or different professions visit Phoronix with equal frequency on average.

1 and 2 are certainly false. 3 is almost certainly false. 4 and 5 are probably false.

You can like whatever you want but there is the "one person-one vote" rule and the Ubuntu "people" are more than Fedora "people" and the Fedora "people" are more than the Manjaro "people".
    Amongst the general linux user base, but again you make assumptions, in this case that Phoronix readers are representative of the general linux user base, which again is probably not true.

So the poll is not legitimate because statistics dont lie but they can be cheated.
    They can also be misinterpreted.

Leave a comment:

• verde
    replied
    Originally posted by jayrulez View Post
    Are you really stupid or are you just pretending to be stupid?
    s/he is...

Leave a comment:

• GreatEmerald
    replied
    Originally posted by eidolon View Post
    Rather than primarily focusing just on one distribution for the majority of benchmarks, why not pick the most recent releases of the five (or, if that's too time-consuming, narrow it down to two or three) distinctly separate desktop-oriented distributions (or fully compatible derivatives thereof) with the greatest targeted vendor support? That would leave out a lot of great distributions, but seems more practical. It would provide some degree of variation, while omitting more niche distributions.
    Because that's too time-consuming for Michael.

Originally posted by leonmaxx View Post
    Who's bot voted for Arch?
    If you missed it, it's Manjaro people advertising the poll everywhere.

Leave a comment:

• leonmaxx
    replied
    Who's bot voted for Arch?

Leave a comment:

• Vim_User
    replied
    bla bla bla, there is absolutely no way the known statistics (distros share) legitimately change in a poll. You can like whatever you want but there is the "one person-one vote" rule and the Ubuntu "people" are more than Fedora "people" and the Fedora "people" are more than the Manjaro "people".

So the poll is not legitimate because statistics dont lie but they can be cheated.

Look at the poll now. does it reflect the real statistical numbers?
    How do you explain the Fedora staying behind after a couple of days in front of Ubunu?

Think...
    Maybe you should think. Why the hell should the Phoronix readers, most of them interested in technical details (some of them only here for trolling, as it seems), unlike the Linux users in general, have the same distro usage statistics as the Linux users in general?

Leave a comment:

• Vim_User
    replied
    You didn't get my point about Fedora. In this case some Ubuntu haters created fake accounts to vote against Ubuntu. "LinuxGamer" must have more than 15 accounts!
    Show us your evidence. What makes you think that some of the Ubu-Trolls did not have done what you accuse LinuxGamer to have done?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X