Vote On A Distribution For Linux Benchmarking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CrvenaZvezda View Post
    Just a pity it is an island of its' own not using any of the core elements that all the other distros will use. Bye bye Ubuntu...
    Ubuntu is even going to have a Space Toilet it's called Mir

Comment

• Originally posted by spacetoilet View Post
      Ubuntu is even going to have a Space Toilet it's called Mir
      Oh my God, you're so fucking amazing... and smart. Thank you for your quite informative additions to the thread. Your grand revelations will now enrich all our lives. Thank you!

Comment

• I like what i see for the first 100 votes, ubuntu+xubuntu are just 30% of all votes. That clearly means something - majority does not care about *buntus .
        As of first 200 votes, ubuntu+xubuntu again is on 30% level and once again is approved that majority does not care about ubuntu benchmarks .
        First 400 now telling me that situation is very nearly the same 30% is ~30% +-1 or 2%, so majority are simply not ubunteros .
        First 400 now telling me that situation is very nearly the same 30% is ~30% +-1 or 2%, so majority are simply not ubunteros .
        And now after 800 votes, Ubuntu + Xubuntu is just on 24 %, so... . And Xubuntu only is just on 2 % and it is lowest one, but that means nothing - it deservers xmir benchmarks because it have buntu in his name .
        Last edited by dungeon; 07 August 2013, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
          Actually you can instal Unity and even upstart on Arch Linux. Also freetype2-ubuntu is in the AUR. You can use it to get nicer fonts or use freetype2-infinality , which most Archers use. Unity on Arch is pretty well maintained by one guy, who even set up his own binary repo. Haven't tried it and would not recommend it since it replaces a lot of Arch packages with Ubuntu patched packages. https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=125423&p=1 Just look at that size and age of that thread. This guy does amazing work for years now. https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Unity

I agree that people exaggerate the difficulty. If you don't know what you are doing it might take a bit longer to install. After you have your dream setup just keep rolling. The official repos are very stable. It hasn't broken on my from an update in 2 years. In the beginning I borked it myself 2-3 times, because I was adventurous and tried stupid things. Just don't treat you installation like a sandbox, which can be hard since Arch offers you all that new and shiny stuff and that experimental XY filesystem etc. or you'll try to replace xserver-common with that xwayland enable xserver from the user repo and things don't go that well.
          Thanks for the mention, I were one of the Arch users that doesn't use freetype2-infinality. Combined with URW Gothic L as font it looks very nice.

Comment

• I alway saw it as a crap botch job of a distro.

Comment

• lol, it seems that the 231 users that constitute the userbase of manjaro and arch came to vote on phoronix, even when they dont visit this site frequently

Comment

• Unrelated but interesting: http://slashdot.org/poll/2633/your-p...ution-for-2013

Comment

• Originally posted by jayrulez View Post
                  those numbers look more realistic

Comment

• Originally posted by BO$$
                    U̶b̶u̶n̶t̶u̶ ̶a̶s̶ Android always is number ONE! U̶b̶u̶n̶t̶u̶ ̶ Android > any o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶ distro. The numbers clearly show but C̶a̶n̶o̶n̶i̶c̶a̶l̶ ̶ Google haters won't accept! They will still push it with their G̶e̶n̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶A̶r̶c̶h̶ ̶L̶i̶n̶u̶x̶ ̶ Microsoft and Apple shit! How does it feel to be shown how wrong you are when it comes to d̶i̶s̶t̶r̶o̶ ̶ OS popularity? Admit defeat once and for all!!!!

Bonus: Check out the first posts on that link about Slackware! That is the very definition of a Stallman nerd living in the basement. Those are the guys.... who are awesome!
                    Fixed that for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheOne View Post
                      those numbers look more realistic
                      how?

"This whole thing is wildly inaccurate. Rounding errors, ballot stuffers, dynamic IPs, firewalls. If you're using these numbers to do anything important, you're insane"

Comment

Working...
                      X