Vote On A Distribution For Linux Benchmarking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jayrulez View Post
    Oh yes, the big picture argument. Great one man. What's next?
    Mhhhh, what do you think about this:

"This is your last chance.
    After this there is no turning back.
    You take the blue pill: the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
    You take the red pill: you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes."

Comment

• Originally posted by Maudit View Post
      What's your problem bro?
      Mark has already closed the bug number one. Now Microsoft is paying Canonical, Mark said they are ok!
      Google has been paying them too Mark also said how he likes windows 8 and that MS did a really good job on it

Comment

Mhhhh, what do you think about this:

"This is your last chance.
        After this there is no turning back.
        You take the blue pill: the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
        You take the red pill: you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes."
        Absolutely nothing. Moving on.

Comment

• Originally posted by jayrulez View Post
          Absolutely nothing. Moving on.
          Sorry, you choose the blue pill. Go to your bed...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
            Yes, I know where I live, but you said 'most places', so I wonder what it means. If you meant usa I don't give a shit about it.
            *sigh*

This comes in late, I know... Fact is, it doesn't matter where you live, you could live buried under a rock in the middle of the Sahara desert and use Fedora or whatever, and still the system wouldn't be able to ship with nor provide within it the means to install patented software, because Fedora is sponsored by Red Hat, who are housed in the USA, so while you are not liable, THEY f***ing are! So while you may not give a rat's ass about the USA, likewise the company is not going to break the law of the country their offices are in, period...

AFAIK that was one of the reasons why Shuttleworth settled Ubuntu in South Africa (or better said, why that fact rather) was an advantage to Ubuntu, escape USA patent jurisdiction. But that didn't excuse them to still require to tell their users, and not ship by default, but rather as an installable option

Stop being an ass and do some research!

PS: I don't live in the USA neither.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thetargos View Post
              Shuttleworth settled Ubuntu in South Africa
              Ubuntu is settled in the Isle of Man.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                No, not really. Just a few days ago I talked with a friend of mine, who has made an IDE and wishes to port it to Linux. His initial plan was to just use XCB, but then I informed him about the whole Mir/Wayland situation. If he was to choose to use either Mir or Wayland directly, the other one wouldn't be able to run the program. He instead decided to port the program to Qt, but there will surely be people who would choose to create a program that talks directly to Mir or Wayland, locking the other one out.
                Really? At this point in the game he knows in final form of both Mir and Wayland that his program will not, without a doubt, run on both?

Comment

• Originally posted by DanL View Post
                  http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mir-team/mir/trunk/files

You may dislike Mir, but it's not vaporware (any more than wayland is vaporware). It's being rapidly developed and on schedule.
                  MIR is vaporware. It does not do shit with out X.

For the rapid development, it is not developed rapidly. Canonical only claims it is, with no hard evidence to back their lies. Pluss, the Wayland-guys with friends have done ALL the hard work for MIR to even be possible to think about. And as always, Canonical have done NOTHING!

Comment

• Originally posted by Belial View Post
                    Really? At this point in the game he knows in final form of both Mir and Wayland that his program will not, without a doubt, run on both?
                    No, he knows the current situation and the current plans, and that's what matters when porting things at the moment.

Comment

Ask to respective developers if you (still) don't see why.
                      In fact they are not supporting MIR, nor planning to do.

Good, but... discussion was around firefox and chrome as browsers, not as mobile and cloud operating systems.
                      They are two different products, Linux distributions install the one called "browser", with a search engine as start page, and yes... when you use a search engine to find beautiful things on the internet, you also send your requests to the search engine.
                      Not Firefox without your consent: You.
                      You are missing the point. Searching the web as an extension of the OS "search" is normal now, it happens on Android and others. This isn't "opening a web browser and going to Google", this is "type word into desktop search box and the search gets sent to the web". Normal users now expect desktop search to return results from remote web sites. Now, whether or not you like this or think this is the way it should be done is a personal preference, but it seems to be the way the world is moving.

Comment

Working...
                      X