Vote On A Distribution For Linux Benchmarking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
    How many times are you going to Post these stupid facebook Likes and Google Trends is even more a Joke i can post some stupid shit too
    ohh look what do we have here damn

Linux 13.6 %
    Ubuntu 1.7 %
    Suse 0.2 %
    Red Hat 0.4 %
    Fedora 0.3 %
    Debian 0.1 %
    Centos 0.3 %
    Google Android 0.5 %
    GNU Linux (Unknown or unspecified distribution) 9.7 %

But but FaceBook has the most Likes....
    Facebook and Google usage is commonly used as a proxy indicator metric for estimating actual interest in something. Is that true for your data source (whatever it is)?

Comment

• Originally posted by dungeon View Post
      I like what i see for the first 100 votes, ubuntu+xubuntu are just 30% of all votes. That clearly means something - majority does not care about *buntus .
      Originally posted by dungeon View Post
      As of first 200 votes, ubuntu+xubuntu again is on 30% level and once again is approved that majority does not care about ubuntu benchmarks .
      First 400 now telling me that situation is very nearly the same 30% is ~30% +-1 or 2%, so majority are simply not ubunteros .

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
        Using live usb images would have a number of advantages for testing, not the least of which is not having to risk screwing up a working system. With SUSE studio it wouldn't be much harder, and may even be easier, than installing and uninstalling a bunch of different packages.
        It's actually not a bad idea, building a bootable ISO that can be used to run the tests, and then people will forever be able to easily boot it up and reproduce those results. It could do the automatic results upload and everything. The only issues is that small manual changes would be more difficult, and the ISOs might be rather large. Also I wonder how many people would bother to download them and actually run the tests?

Comment

if you're big like Apple you don't call it pirating you call it patent infringement (a nice way of saying it) it's the Same thing
          When people say piracy they usually mean "copyright infringement" not "patent infringement". They aren't the same thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
            It seems you have missed something - most of the Linux community is running Ubuntu. It's not perfect and it doesn't have systemd and won't use wayland, but it's far better than testbed like Fedora.
            Interesting claim. Source?

Comment

• Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
              do other distros even use facebook? if not is not exactly a good comparison isn't it
              Yes, they do

Ubuntu. 1,278,379 likes · 1,249 talking about this. A community driven operating system. Ubuntu is made for sharing; everyone can use it, change it and improve it.

Debian. 277,665 likes · 69 talking about this. The Debian Project is building a free operating system. Why not run it on your computer?

Fedora. 70,024 likes · 17 talking about this. Fedora is a Linux-based operating system that provides users with access to the latest free and open source software, in a stable, secure and easy to...

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Linux Mint. 137,677 likes · 262 talking about this. Linux Mint is a leading desktop distribution, used by millions of people and one of the most popular operating systems in the world.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisb View Post
                Facebook and Google usage is commonly used as a proxy indicator metric for estimating actual interest in something. Is that true for your data source (whatever it is)?
                that is the Real Data and, many Linux users use duckduckgo yahoo etc i know duckduckgo is used for privacy
                most Ubuntu Searches come from Russia....

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisb View Post
                  When people say piracy they usually mean "copyright infringement" not "patent infringement". They aren't the same thing.
                  this is why i hate the English language

Comment

that is the Real Data and, many Linux users use duckduckgo yahoo etc i know duckduckgo is used for privacy
                    most Ubuntu Searches come from Russia....
                    If they think DuckDuckGo is all about privacy, lol...might want to reconsider that. There is NO privacy on the internet anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by synaptix View Post
                      If they think DuckDuckGo is all about privacy, lol...might want to reconsider that. There is NO privacy on the internet anymore.
                      VPN's and PGP keys it's the only way

Btw you Play DOTA 2?

Comment

Working...
                      X